1 (edited by sticmann 06/27/2012 09:38:53 pm)

Topic: Edit Bank Transfer

I see an edit button for modifying existing Bank Payments, but not for Bank Transfers. Is this a difficult thing to implement? I'm sure it's not the last time I'll make a mistake on a transfer. I know I could void the transaction and re-enter it, but what a pain in the butt for just mis-inputting the date.
Speaking of the date, I have my system preferences set to Remember last document date, but the Bank Transfer page keeps going back to today.

Re: Edit Bank Transfer

Yes, it is tricky to allow editing of bank transfer, so it is not allowed.

However your topic regarding 'Remember last document date, will be fixed in next minor release.

In the mean time you can change in file /gl/bank_transfer, line 72.

Remove the existing line

date_row(_("Transfer Date:"), 'DatePaid', '', null, 0, 0, 0, null, true);

and insert the following lines:

if (!isset($_POST['DatePaid'])) { // init page
        $_POST['DatePaid'] = new_doc_date();
        if (!is_date_in_fiscalyear($_POST['DatePaid']))
            $_POST['DatePaid'] = end_fiscalyear();
    }
    date_row(_("Transfer Date:"), 'DatePaid', '', true, 0, 0, 0, null, true);

And insert at line 195:

new_doc_date($_POST['DatePaid']);

/Joe
This should fix it.

Joe,
Thank you very much for the date fix. This is very helpful.
As for the editing - based on what I've seen of your work, 'tricky' doesn't seem like it'd be a problem for a guy like you smile

-Joshua

4 (edited by cambell 09/29/2014 03:23:31 am)

I've implemented a bank transfer edit feature as per the OP request.  The patch is available here.

If you have some mechanism for accepting pull requests let me know.

E2E tests are also available in my frontaccounting-wrapper repo.  If you're interested in incorporating the e2e tests it would be nice to push the current code down one level and have the tests in a folder that is not in the main src (htdocs) tree.

Cambell https://github.com/cambell-prince

Joe / Janusz - this needs to be in the core. Thanks @cambell!

I was looking for such things and finally i find out my solution here and i am glad that i found truly helpful site.
I am an accounting student and always like to do something that can be helpful for others in accounting field by they way i have also a website about accounting solution related and frequently face some coding problem but now i found solution by find this site , thanks to all hard working people and thanks those people who post here and provide solution.