Topic: editing

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing great,i love this FrontAccounting its great we should don-net,anyway please someone help i kindly like to know if there is possibility of editing or deleting transactions,

Thank you

Khalifa Alnaamani

Re: editing

There are plenty of editing fascilities.

Look in the various transaction inquiries. There is a pencil icon where you can edit.

Joe

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your help,
Joe i still have problems,transaction like purchase and Sales there is no pencil icon where you can edit,and this becomes a big problem when you make a small mistake you have to  re-install the program again,is there other ways to solve the problem?

thank you.
Khalifa

No, I am afraid not.  Where there are no pencil, FA doesn't allow editing.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

this program is worth paying for,but one problem you can not delete transactions like purchase and Sales,if you make a small entry mistake there is no going back or deleting it very annoying,i think programmer could make a choice on installation,and you be able to delete transaction like purchase and Sales,we always make mistake.

thanks for you quick reply
Khalifa

You can either delete the transactions or void them, Setup tab, void transactions.

Joe

Joe
Thanks for helping, i have  tried to void the transactions, but i cannot input or type in a transaction Number it seems its not active i get the msg below

The transaction number is expected to be numeric and greater than zero.

and i cannot enter the number,its not active,maybe there is some way of activating.
thank you
Khalifa

Thanks Joe,

i got it its ok now.

So I imported some bank transactions with csv file but a few of these transaction have 3 entries, credit-bank, debit-expense, and debit-cash on hand,  I now need to go back and edit this transaction, change debit-expense and add debit-cash.

I can not seem to find a way to do this?

I can not do it through Journal Inquiry - edit an entry.

How can I do this kind of edit?

Please inform me,

Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.