Topic: Costumer credit - how I can pay back?

Hi

I have right now small problem. I made credit invoice for one costumer.
That was easy: Customer Credit Notes, then I choose the costumer etc. And credited these goods, what needed.
But now the problem - how I can pay the credited ammount back to costumer?
What I made: Banking and General Ledger ->Payments->Pay To:Costumer then I choose the costumer and from account I take Accounts Receivable.
After that payment - costumer balance is again normal as needed. But when I looked to Costumer Paymens, then I can see that I have still Left to Allocate the same credited sum. (look the picture: http://spottraining.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Customer-Payment-Entry_13377544749341.png ).
Why it shows still that?
What is wrong?
How is the correct credit procedure for costumers?

Re: Costumer credit - how I can pay back?

You have done everything correctly. The only thing you have missed is to allocate the Bank Payment with the former Customer Payment.

The credit note took over the allocations from the Customer Payment. And now you should finally allocate the Bank Payment with this Customer Payment.

This tricky thing arise when you have got payment before the credit note. But after this final operation everything is ok.

/Joe

Yes - now its fine

Thanks smile

I can't find a way to post a return payment to a customer, for which we have made a credit note. I am in FA 2.3.19 - I can't remember to have seen this problem before updating, but as the operation is not very frequent, I may be wrong.

The case is the following: A customer has been invoiced twice and has paid twice for the same service. Detecting the error, we have made a credit note and reversed his payment with credit card. We now have a problem posting this operation.

The client's balance is of course negative (in his favour), and I need to post a payment from our bank account to his account in our system. When I go to "payments" and choose "customer" and the specific customer, and then put in the amount we have returned, I get the error message "Settled amount have to be positive number."  If I try to put the amount in with a negative sign it says "Invalid amount or amount less than zero".  If I try in "Allocate Customer Payments or Credit Notes", the credit note pops up, stating correctly that we owe him the amount, but if I try to allocate it, I get the message "nothing to allocate".

Of course I can simply make a posting against customers' payables and our bank account and our general ledger will be OK.  But the customer will always appear as if we are owing him the amount.

You should use the bank payment to pay your customer. Now you can use the credit note to allocate this bank payment.

Jod

That is what I have been trying to do. I go to payment, select customer and then the customer, then I put in the amount, but I post the transaction it is rejected: , but it does not accept: "Settled amount have to be positive number."  I am almost sure this has been working before, but that it does not after the updating.

If I make the payment against "Miscellaneous" and then choose the customer receivables account, the posting is accepted, and the general ledger is OK.  But I still can't allocate anything to the client. So it still apperars that I owe the client.

Do you enter negative numbers? You should enter positive numbers.

Joe

I enter positive numbers and get the message ""Settled amount have to be positive number.".  As the system thinks a postive number is negative, I have also tried with negative number, and then I get the other error message.

I just tried to downgrade to FA 2.3.16 (on a copy).  There it works as it should.

To be more specific.  In FA 2.3.16 I simply make the bank payment against the customer, and that is it.  It is automatically acredited his account and his balance is in zero. So the problem is definitively an upgrade problem.

Hello again. Did you update your FA from other places than the core HG repo?

Please make a download (Download snapshot) from this link.

Tell me if it works after that. Make a backup of you installation before you begin.

Joe

I have been using the the link to Sourceforge on your website - the download of the "latest stable version": 2.3.19.

I have now downloaded a snapshot from the link you sent me and installed it on my copy version. It solves the problem with the payment to the customer - I can now make it as before. I will now copy it to my production version. Thanks.

Thanks Thorbjorn,

I see that we have fixed a bug some time ago after the 2.3.19 release. Thanks for being patient. Glad that it now works for you.

/Joe

Thanks for a very nice an useful programme. There will always be bugs, and this forum is a good place for finding and solving them.