1 (edited by mtleng 04/08/2012 08:13:32 pm)

Topic: How to change bank transfer limits?

I'm just trying to transfer money from one account to another.  Pretty straight forward, but then I get this error:

The total bank amount exceeds allowed limit (#) for source account.

I've never had this problem before and I cannot find any setting anywhere that fixes limits specific to the account at hand.  Even in the database I see no field that could do this for the bank account table. 

Where is this being set?  How do I change it?

Re: How to change bank transfer limits?

If the from account is a cash account and the transfer results is a negative amount this error is produced.

/Joe

3 (edited by mtleng 04/09/2012 02:45:19 am)

In my case the result would not be negative.  To be specific, the amount in the source cash account is 184.60, the requested transfer amount is 100.00, and the error message states a limit of 83.06.  Where it gets this 83.06 value from is a complete mystery to me.

Could this be a bug?  I'm on v2.3.7.  If so, maybe somebody can point me to the right area of code to fudge/fix this issue?

Are you sure that the transaction you are applying would not take the bank account into negative balance at the date of the transaction?

The message you saw is based on a check for 0/negative balances on the transaction date - there's no limits set anywhere. If the transaction would take the account into negative balance, the error appears. As a suggestion: If you have multiple transactions on a given day to keep the account in credit, apply the credits first (as a suggestion). That way, the account won't try to go momentarily negative.

The code to look at the logic is in ./gl/bank_transfer.php

Ah, yes, sorry.  The account balance reported when making the transfer is the current balance, which is more than is available for the date of the actual transfer.  So yes, the balance would become negative for the transfer date.

Thx