Topic: BLANK PROFIT AND LOSS REPORT

Hello all, I tried to generate a pdf report of the profit and loss statement of frontaccounting after I have been entering data into the journal and other places for over a month but to my surprise, It only brought a blank page with only the header and no data. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem.

Re: BLANK PROFIT AND LOSS REPORT

Hello, which version and environment are you using? The data is there, but something seems to be wrong in the setup of PDF reading
Or did you select the correct period for the report? There might be no transactions in your selected period.

/Joe

The vesion I downloaded is version 2.0 RC2.I have entered data for the stipulated period I chose. However some other reports like journal entry, chart of accounts, e.t.c are being displayed for the same period.Thanks

I can not reproduce this and have no idea at present about this. You might want to wait a while until shipment of the final release, however no bug reports have been reported on this before.
You can try to set the $go_debug flag in config.php to 1, and try to see if any errors are produced. You will not see the report with this flag set, but rather the PDF code. But if any other errors are here it will be reported in this window.

/Joe

I have just tried what you said and the error displayed are  as  follows  I noticed that it may be because I changed the default GL codes to five digit codes :

fopen(../reporting/fonts/php_Helvetica.afm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1401
fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1402
fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1403
fopen(../reporting/fonts/php_Helvetica-Bold.afm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1401
fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1402
fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1403
fopen(../reporting/fonts/php_Helvetica-Oblique.afm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file: /var/www/html/paradigmfinancials/reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc at line 1401

%PDF-1.3
%âãÏÓ

1 0 obj
<< /Type /Catalog
/Outlines 2 0 R
/Pages 3 0 R >>
endobj
2 0 obj
<< /Type /Outlines /Count 0 >>
endobj
3 0 obj
<< /Type /Pages
/Kids [6 0 R

You should set write permissions to reporting/fonts folder for web server process.