Topic: How to apply a discount after invoicing

Hi
I sent an invoice to a customer, and afterward he call us and negociate a discount an this invoice.
How can I do that ?

I was thinking of many options but I'm not sure what will FA do.
1- I can void the invoice and redo it .  Will that work ? I'm a bit nervous about voiding an invoice. Can the delivery note be reinvoice againt ?

2- as 1 won't probably allow me to change the discount on each item, can I void the delivery note (which I guess should void the corresponding invoice too). Will that work ?

3- I can issue a credit note corresponding to the overall discount. Will that work ?

thanks

/Elax

Re: How to apply a discount after invoicing

3. A credit note will work. Also 1. voiding will work too.
But you can also consider a Customer Payment discount when paying.

/Joe

Hi Joe

Just to clarify, what happen if I void a delivery note. Would that void the invoice too and allow me to deliver the order again ?

The problem with the Customer Payment discount, is in the UK, the VAT applies to the discounted value, therefore I need to remake the invoice to alter the VAT.

/Elax

You can only void a delivery note that haven't yet been invoiced.
If you void a sales invoice, the underlying documents are voided too if the documents are not having auto reference (Direct Invoice/delivery). Otherwise the underlying documents are still there and can be invoices again. If you want to void these too, you must select them in the void transaction.
Try to test this for yourself on a Training Co or a demo.

/Joe

Thanks