1 (edited by omeng 12/29/2011 02:21:32 pm)

Topic: Instal/Update

Why I can't use Instal/update Language, Instal/update Extension, Instal/update Themes, and instal/update chart of account.? I used/instaled Frontaccounting V 2.3.9 in local computer, of course I have internet connection. When I try to click all of Instal/update show message error like this :

This webpage is not available
The connection to localhost was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the

Re: Instal/Update

I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM.Can you please Help US
Why I can't use Instal/update Language, Instal/update Extension, Instal/update Themes, and instal/update chart of account.? I used/instaled Frontaccounting V 2.3.9 in local computer, of course I have internet connection. When I try to click all of Instal/update show message error like this :
This webpage is not available
The connection to localhost was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the

I have the same problem

You guys need match the versions to install language and addon

We have to see at least your php.ini file and System Diagnostics info to have a chance to help you, howevere this is not message displayed by FA  so most probably also the problem is somewhere outside the FA source code.
Janusz

This is my system diagnostic:
Test    Test type    Value    Comments
MySQL version >=4.1    Required    5.5.16    Ok
PHP version >=4.3.3    Required    5.3.8    Ok
Http server type    Info    Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1    Ok
Server system    Info    WINNT    Ok
Browser type    Info    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.106 Safari/535.2    Ok
Native gettext    Optional    Yes    Ok
Debugging mode    Info    No    To switch debugging on set $go_debug>0 in config.php file
Error logging    Recommended    C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting/tmp/errors.log    Ok
Current database version    Required    2.3rc    Ok
Company subdirectories consistency    Required    ../company/0/*
../company/0/*/images
../company/0/*/pdf_files
../company/0/*/backup
../company/0/*/js_cache    Ok
Language configuration consistency    Required        Ok
Temporary directory    Required    ../tmp    Ok
Session save path    Info    C:\xampp\tmp    Ok
Removed install wizard folder    Recommended    Not removed    Ok
Database auth file    Recommended    ../config_db.php    Ok
Main config file    Recommended    ../config.php    Ok
Extensions system    Required    ../installed_extensions.php
../company/0/*/installed_extensions.php
../modules
../modules/_cache
../themes
../sql
OpenSSL PHP extension    Ok

I see nothing suspicious in your setup. What about php.ini file?

My PHP.ini files settings like this:

allow_call_time_pass_reference
;   Default Value: On
;   Development Value: Off
;   Production Value: Off

; display_errors
;   Development Value: On

; display_startup_errors
;   Default Value: Off

; error_reporting
;   Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;   Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
;   Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

; html_errors
;   Production value: Off

; log_errors
;   Production Value: On

; magic_quotes_gpc

; max_input_time
;   Default Value: -1 (Unlimited)
;   Development Value: 60 (60 seconds)
;   Production Value: 60 (60 seconds)

; output_buffering
;   Development Value: 4096
;   Production Value: 4096

; register_argc_argv

; register_long_arrays

; request_order
;   Default Value: None
;   Development Value:

9 (edited by svetoslav80 03/31/2012 02:03:57 pm)

I have the same problem. It's obviously an issue with FA.

10 (edited by svetoslav80 04/08/2012 04:45:03 pm)

Hmm, the script seems to freeze on includes/packages.inc , function get_pkg_or_list , on the following row:

if (!openssl_verify($data, $sig, $cert)) {

Remove /modules/_cache/Release.gz file and try again. Probably it has bad permission rights and FA cannot remove it.
Janusz

Hi Janusz and the users above,

The openssl_verify() call is specifically to the OpenSSL library, so if this is not installed correctly, or is not enabled as an extension in php (i.e. extension=php_openssl.dll ) then 'includes/packages.inc' will fail at the function call.

Also, I've had lots of trouble getting OpenSLL running with IIS - basically down to version conflicts.  If the OpenSSL dll's and php-cgi conflict, or are not found in the right path/environment settings, this will also cause php errors and you get the type of 'webpage not available' errors mentioned in the first couple of posts of this topic.  If the windows application event log shows php-cgi errors once 'extension=php_openssl.dll' has been added to php.ini, following a 'web page not available' error, then openSSL is definitely not set up correctly.

I'd suggest to the users above to go through OpenSSL setup with a fine toothcombe, and ensure that a call to phpinfo() lists openSSL as enabled - if not FA will fail due to the explicit function call.

For those not familiar with openSSL, I'd recommend starting at openSSL.org and following the binaries link for the windows install - if you've done this and are having problems with the latest version then revert to 0_9_8v .  Also if on a Windows platform ensure that the enviroment variable OPENSSL_CONF points to a valid cfg file and that the PATH has 'drive:openssl\bin\' directory in it correctly.  Always restart IIS/ reboot, to ensure environment variable changes have an affect.

Hope that helps :-)