Topic: redirecting to login page again and again

i have installed fresh front accounting 2.3.9

installation was successful, now after login with admin user and password, i am able to login but on each click , i am redirected to login page again and again.

i have also check the temp folder with session data, it have write permission and session files are creating properly.

thanks

Re: redirecting to login page again and again

am having the exact same issue. plus when i try to create a user it says "Request from outside of this page is forbidden". If it helps am using IIS 7 on webmatrix .

Please set the $go_debug variable in config.php to 1 and see if any errors are trapped.
Otherwise look into your error.log and also ensure that your folder for saving your sessions (session_save_path) is writable.

/Joe

read another thread, this issue is yet to be resolved on windows' systems. thanks for your time mate..

Can any of you help us trap this bug on the IIS Windows server. We were earlier suspicious to the function session_regenerate_id() in line 79 of file /includes/session.inc.
What happens if you comment out this line?
You could also read this thread:
http://se2.php.net/manual/en/function.session-regenerate-id.php

And try to experiment a little for the work arounds. We are sorry, that we don't have the Windows IIS server installed in our development environment.

/Joe

sure thing mate, will try....and keep you posted...

i have switched from IIS7 to XAMPP server, where it worked fine.

now i have issue with time,
the time zone set in
config.php file is
ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Berlin')
and i have changed it into
ini_set('date.timezone', 'GMT-5');

but its still showing wrong time.

i want it to show my server time but its showing different time.

Thanks

I Have also the login 1 click problem with version 2.3.8 and 2.3.9

My config is:  windows 2008 R2 Server with IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.3.8

All my rights on ntfs are OK > change rights on de whole website
Sessions are generated and no errors apear in de error.log
Time zone setting is OK
PHP functions full, because i'm also using other php sites on this server.

When i install 2.3.7 everything works correct, so for the time I switched back to this version.
I can't switch to apache because i'm using also ASP for other sites on the same server.

Hopefully the problem can be resolved, because i don't know what to changes or test anymore.

MAte the issue is unresolved in IIS suggest you switch to xampp. and admin guys, have checked the issue with IIS it most probably is the database. PHP runs well on IIS as long as there is not db involved. had nightmares getting mysql to work with IIS, somehow even with the mysql workbench i could not do that. the commands just don't work..forget the commands you would be lucky to link it to the db in the first place. if anyone has been able to connect to a mysql db in IIS do correct me.

would need a different db for IIS, maybe mysqli.

10 (edited by qwible 02/11/2012 11:17:49 pm)

If you replace the session.inc from version 2.3.7 you will not have the redirection issue, but you will slowly accumulate a large amount of orphaned cookie files in your temp directory.  If you change the session temp location you can see the files grow
(ini_set('session.save_path', dirname(__FILE__).'/../tmp/'); in session.inc).
But at least the 2.3.7 session.inc does not have the issue of always asking for a log in.

I have 2.3.10 working on a win 7 IIS 7 with MySQL all fine, it is just the redirect issue which would also cause a build up of cookie files with the 2.3.10 session.inc as well as still causing the redirect.

Cheers,
Jason

For those struggling with a Windows install:

The bug causing the 'constant login' in IIS is fixed by replacing '$secure=null' with '$secure=false' in line 15 of session.inc, so should be:

function sessionStart($name, $limit = 0, $path = '/', $domain = null, $secure = false)

Thank you very much for the information. This problem with HTTPS on IIS  waited  long time for the solution. Will be fixed in next minor release.
Janusz

i have installed version 2.3.10 and I have the same problem with login page,

session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_fe155c02f4b61db93bdb6240db3848c7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in file: /hermes/bosweb/web057/b575/ipg.mixmarketco/count/includes/session.inc at line 25
session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_536fd33c655dc4e3bbb9e5aac6a57f1a, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in file: /hermes/bosweb/web057/b575/ipg.mixmarketco/count/includes/session.inc at line 83
session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in file: /hermes/bosweb/web057/b575/ipg.mixmarketco/count/includes/session.inc at line 83
session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_536fd33c655dc4e3bbb9e5aac6a57f1a, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in file: /hermes/bosweb/web057/b575/ipg.mixmarketco/count/includes/session.inc at line 87

this text appear on the head of page...
i tried to change $go_debug variable in config.php to 1... the same problem

I have the same problem. I can log in, then FA asks me to login again after I click on anything. I already tried setting the php5.ini to redirect the temp folder, i can see the temporary files being generated. I modified the session file as well (uncommented). I'm fresh out of ideas.

Linux hosting on godaddy.

Best regards
Mark

check permissions of the /var/php_sessions/ folder and ask godaddy to fix it.

Mark King wrote:

I have the same problem. I can log in, then FA asks me to login again after I click on anything. I already tried setting the php5.ini to redirect the temp folder, i can see the temporary files being generated. I modified the session file as well (uncommented). I'm fresh out of ideas.

Had the same problem. Then I downgraded PHP from 5.3 to 5.2 and everything was ok.

Moj

It will work in current PHP v5.3.x - maybe specific early versions in PHP 5.3.x may be broken.

Just remove the .htaccess file and see if it works - then fix the .htaccess settings to match your hosting provider.

Please forgive if this is duplicate.  I just posted and I cant see my post?

I have the same prob here as I just installed and it keeps logging me out.

I am using php 5.3
FrontAccounting 2.3.18

I read the above steps to correct and I am very confused.  I don't see where I need to change my settings.
example.. /var/php_sessions/
Where is this file located.  I just don't know..

Most of the suggestions are for very older versions.

I am logging on to my godaddy hosting account with windows 8  I also tried logging on with windows 7 and have the same results of keep logging me out.

19 (edited by apmuthu 09/19/2013 03:59:00 pm)

Check your apache error logs possibly from your GoDaddy cPanel.
Try to craete a file say phpinfo.php in your webroot with the following:

<?php
echo phpinfo();
?>

and execute it from the browser and you will see a wealth of info like session path and then you can contact your GoDaddy support to fix any PHP.ini issues.

Please remove the phpinfo.php file after getting the browser output.

If you are still stuck, email / PM me with server access details after creating temporary access passwords that you can revert on completion of the troubleshooting.

Just checked out your site and it appears some files (index.php, config_db.php, etc) are served from some other location and the database parameters too are taken from probably some default setting in the php.ini or from the host. Turned off the install folder and renamed the .htaccess file to be an invalid name. Now there is less of a time out occurring.

This is due to the fact that the site is in previewdns mode and probably, on proper hosting in the production environment (with proper dns assignment), this issue will vanish.