Topic: 2.3.8 requires re-authentication every page

Hi

I've just installed version 2.3.8 as a new install and have experienced a strange issue. The installation went ok and I can login to FA, but every time I change a page it takes me back to the login screen and I have to re-authenticate before reaching the page I selected.

I have tried this on Windows Server 2003/IIS 6 and Windows 7/IIS 7 with the same result. However, installing 2.3.7 doesn't give me the same issue.

Any suggestions as to the cause?

Dom

2 (edited by janusz 11/15/2011 05:28:42 pm)

Re: 2.3.8 requires re-authentication every page

Seems this can be related to bug 0001173 just resolved. Please login to our  Mantis system, download fixed session.inc file, use it  and report the results here.
Janusz

Hi all,
I also experienced the same problem.
And I've tried to download fixed session.inc file and use it. But the result is just the same
Please help

Thanks

Please set the $go_debug flag in config.php to 1 and report the errors that eventually arise.

/Joe

Here is the error log

[17-Nov-2011 02:38:48] 0::current_user.inc:539: unlink(../../company/0/js_cache/utils.js) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory

thanks

Probably you have misconfigured php/www server installation, so the session files are not properly written to the disk. I have no experience with windows family systems, so there is small chance I could help. Anyway check why the file mentioned in the message cannot be deleted by www server process. I guess this is some permitions related problem.
Janusz

By making the following Google search:

wamp servers permission write to folders

you get a good deal of options for experiences.

If anyone in the audience has a god set of instructions how to configure/setup a Windows Server for FA (permissions etc), then please share it with us.

/Joe