Topic: Overlook in inventory management

It is a small overlook that I have found:-

The check on "no item list" in "Company Setup" does not change the "Inventory Location Transfers" and "Inventory Adjustments" modules to dump the whole items list to the item select box. Therefore, when there are thousands items in the price book, these two modules will overload the broswer.

It believe it is a small overlook and should be changed easily. smile

2 (edited by itronics 07/13/2008 05:12:20 pm)

Re: Overlook in inventory management

This issue was fixed some time ago. Please download latest source code from CVS to avoid the problem.

Janusz

Hi Itronics,

Sorry, could you let me know where is CVS?

I am using FA2.0 downloaded about 3 weeks ago.

Baffin

Hello btsui

I use a cvs client called smartcvs to get the latest from the cvs repository. Access Method: pserver, User Name: anonymous, Server Name: frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net. Repository Path: /cvsroot/frontaccounting

Make sure to go to Tag/Branch > Tag Browser, and set to, Head > unstable, for the latest code.

There is a lot of help on doing this, just google it.

Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Hi Alvin,

Thanks a lot for your great info!

Hi Itronics,

I downloaded the adjustment.php ver 1.2.2.5 but still find the same problem. The module is trying to download all items to make up the select box.

By the way, I read the log that the ajax function is already there. How to enable the ajax function. please advise.

Baffin

6 (edited by itronics 07/15/2008 05:16:37 pm)

Hello Baffin,

Well, I'm not sure where was related fix done, but currently all is right at this point, so maybe  you have not downloaded all needed source files. How it works on current consistent CVS sources you can check on http://fa2.iron.from.pl site.

Regarding ajax I must say no special things is needed but not too old browser with javascript enabled. To check if it works you you can for instance enter negative amounts on inventory adjustment page. If you have error message displayed in upper box without whole page reload you have ajax enabled.

Janusz

Hi Janusz,

Thank you so much for your info!

With best regards,
Baffin