Topic: Customize the report format

Hi Joe and all other co-developers,

Your job is great. I like the FA very much. It is a very good written accounting system and easy to understand. It is a very professional system.

I would like to customize all the reports to fit the format of our company. Is there any easier way to achieve this purpose instead of changing the PHP codes one by one?

Re: Customize the report format

Hello btsui,

Thank you smile.
Solution depend of what you want to change. First you can upload your company logo used on all documents via Company Setup page.
You can also upload your customized versions of reports to company/.../reporting directory preserving respective repXXX.php name. This is the best way if you have only some print layouts to change.
If you want to change overall layout of all documents you can play with Header2() function in pdf_report.inc and  header2.inc file. Those are responsible for overall layout of printed documents. But if you want to move/add/eliminate any field in repXXX.php files you will have to do it all the respective files.

Janusz

Hi Itronics,

Thank you so much for your clear explanation! It is very helpful.

Baffin

Hi there!

This looks like the app I am looking for! My compliments!

One important issue in Europe is this: I send invoices to customers in different countries with different languages and want the invoice to be in the language of the customer; ie dutch, german, french or English. (and I believe in the US this could be Spanish-English. So depending on the customer another template should be used... Is there any way to get this going?
In the ideal world even the products would be given descriptions in different langages, but I can live with the fact I would make different products for different countries

Thanks,
Arno

Hello,
The document texts are taken from these two files, doctext.inc and doctext2.inc in /reporting/includes directory. The doctext.inc is for domestic documents (the text inside is gettextized), the doctext2.inc is for your foreign documents. Unfortunately we only have these two to choose among. Initially this foreign document is in English, but can be made to whatever language you want.

/Joe