Topic: Allow negative balance in Cash Accounts

Hi there,

I need to rebuild my journal from a previous backup to the current date. I am doing this by reposting from bank statements and written input data.

Due to timing of the transactions, I run into problems with the cash accounts in FA attempting to go negative. This, naturally, is trapped, since in the real world a cash account shouldnt go negative.

However, trying to resolve the timing differences between 15 assorted bank accounts is a nightmare, so I want to enable FA to let the cash accounts go negative. Is there a module  I can alter to disable this trap?

Regards

Brian

Re: Allow negative balance in Cash Accounts

No unfortunately not. Maybe you could create a temporary insertion into the bank account to do the operations and lastly counter book the insertion. Of course using the correct dates.

/Joe

Re: Allow negative balance in Cash Accounts

You can change type of cash account to bank account and revert it when the reubild is done. This can be done only via direct manipulation on bank_accounts.bank_type field using phpmyadmin (FA block the account type change just to avoid negative balance problems).
Janusz