Topic: Changing dimension

HI
Is there a way to modify the dimension of something (an invoice for example ) afterward ?

/Elax

Re: Changing dimension

nobody ?
I really need to modify dimension afterward (to fix mistakes)

I am afraid that the only way to fix the GL transactions for the dimension is to use the Journal Entry form and counterbook the transaction lines from the old dimension and enter the new transactions with the correct dimension.

Remember that when saving a Sales Invoice the transactions go into the GL as well.

Another approach is to void the Sales Invoice and enter it again with the correct dimension.

/Joe

joe wrote:

Remember that when saving a Sales Invoice the transactions go into the GL as well.
That's my problem, I often forgot to set the dimension on Sales invoices, and there is no way you can correct or edit a Sales invoices. That make sense except for the dimension.

I'll probably endup updating the dimension via SQl, but I don't like it at all. Moreover, if do this mistake often maybe I'm not the only one, so other could benefit of a way to do it.

joe wrote:

Another approach is to void the Sales Invoice and enter it again with the correct dimension.

That's what I want to avoid, they are often quite long, and we make already enough mistake (between item variant) to not have to enter them twice.

Thanks anyway

Ok, I have been looking into this again, and it seems it is possible to change dimensions. I see that internally the transactions are been voided, so we could implement this in modifying customer_invoice.

I will fix this and the HG repository will be updated.

/Joe

That would be brilliant , thanks!

I tried your patch, seems to work , well done and thank you very much Joe!
/Elax