Topic: View what you void

I would like to have a 'reliable' way to see what I'm voiding when I'm voiding a transaction.
Currently you can preview the transaction to void by clicking on its link before selected it to void.
However if for some reasons you select a different one that the one you've just previewed (let say click one row below for example) you have no way to no that.

It would be nice to either be able to select the transaction to void from the preview or have a preview link somewhere of what has been currently selected to be voided

/elax

2 (edited by Amjad 01/24/2012 12:41:40 pm)

Re: View what you void

yap im all the way with elax
and i think you should have a void report to see what you void ,there is a memo message bar but there is no where that you can see the memo !

thanks

Ditto that for me... some sort of preview before committing the transaction would sure be helpful as I just voided the wrong transaction (accidently clicked the "select" icon just above the one I wanted).  DRAT!  sad

On a related note, is there a way to print a list of voided transactions, along with the g/l entries?  I think my auditor is going to want to see that at year-end.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

@chrison,

Which release of FA are you using. In the latest releases you can view the transaction by pressing the number link in the pager link.

/Joe

joe wrote:

@chrison,

Which release of FA are you using. In the latest releases you can view the transaction by pressing the number link in the pager link.

/Joe

I'm using 2.3.13 2.3rc.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "pressing the number link in the pager link"?  Are you referring to column on the Void a Transaction page that has a "#" in the header?  If so then, yes, I can view the transaction by clicking the number in that column.  However, what I'm talking about is that after clicking that number and viewing the transaction, I accidentally clicked the select icon for *another* transaction and voided the wrong transaction, in this case the one directly above the one I *wanted* to avoid.

For clarity, what I was suggesting was that there be a "Select THIS Transaction" button (or icon) in the pop-up screen I get when I click on the number to view the transaction, sort of like I can select a customer in the pop-up screen I get when I hit F2 in the Direct Invoice screen.  In other words, I look at the list of transactions, click on the reference number for the one I think is the one I want to void (this brings up the pop-up screen), and if it is the one I want I click a button (or link) in the pop-up screen that then selects the transaction, closes the pop-up screen, and inputs the transaction number in the field back on the "Void a Transaction" screen.  If I want, I can then enter a memo and/or change the voiding date.  Finally, I click "Void Transaction" and proceed with voiding the transaction.

Does that explain it better?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

But you are still getting a warning before the voiding, right?

Joe

Yes, I'm still getting the warning, and I can verify what I'm doing by looking at the summary list again, but looking at that list can be a bit non-intuitive if the list is long.

Selecting from the pop-up screen and having FA fill-in the field is much more intuitive, IMHO.  I like how FA does that in the Direct Invoice function, so I thought it would be useful for voiding transactions, too.

When I'm using the Void a Transaction screen, all I'm looking at is a reference number.  If the screen had a bit more detail, like adding a description field (customer/supplier/item/whatever), that would make it more intuitive.  However, in my non-programmer mind implementing that probably wouldn't be easy so I thought adding a "select" button to the pop-up screen would be easier  Was I wrong about that?

Anyway, this isn't a "make-or-break" issue for me.  I'm sure as I'm use FA more I'll get used to the Void a Transaction function and will make fewer errors.

Thanks for considering my suggestion and responding, no matter what's decided.

Regards,

Chris