Topic: System and General GL Setup

I have a question in regards to the preliminary System and GL setup. I'm not sure what payroll account is for exactly and how it ties in with what transaction. We don't use payroll as part of our system so have no need for it other than setting up a GL account for it for manual journal entry later on.

Re: System and General GL Setup

Hello,
It is really not necessary with a payroll account for FA to run. It has been created for future implementation. Anyhow, maybe someone writes a Payroll module, and in that case the default account may be set here.

/Joe

ah ok sorta was confused cause it was a mandatory account link and I wasn't able to remove the payroll account from the GL due to this.

I have another question. In regards to Sales Exchange Variances Account. Not sure how this plays out? Is this due to currency exchanges during sales transactions?

Hi t2webby,

AFAIK this type of account is used to post changes in foreign currency bank accounts value between periods. Currently Sales Exchange Variances Account is not used in FA at all.

Janusz

All currently unused GL default accounts just have been removed from gl_setup.php. New files are already available from CVS.