Topic: Work Order and GL

Everytime I save Work Order, there is no GL entry associated with it. I have already also saved Purchase and Sell Price, but still GL is not updated. Shouldn't GL account on Finished Goods be updated? Or perhaps I'm not using the right procedure?

thanks in advance.

Re: Work Order and GL

GL transactions at this stage are only created if you add additional costs on the work order or there are additional costs in the included item. The items are otherwise 'only' moved.

Admin

This might be a mistake on my part, but I cant figure it out.
I have items that are inventory, and manufactured.
my manufactured items are created from inventory items.

the problem that I am having is this, when I create a work order to make the manufactured items, they are created in the proper inventory account etc. But there is no ledger entry in cost of goods sold as there is when I would invoice an item directly from the inventory.

this becomes a problem when creating a profit/loss report because there is no loss (overhead) associated with the inventory used in the manufacturing process.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Again, the GL transactions are created on delivery and invoicing. Up to this point there are no GL transactions created, unless you have set additional costs either on the Work Order or the Item. There is really no added values in the inventory account for the assembled item.
So all the neccessary GL transactions will be done on delivery and invoicing.

/Joe

Will you provide information how the complete manufacture module work. By giving an new example.