Topic: Dimension Summary report

I'm unable to get any information when using the Dimension Summary report (always empty), but I can see results from others reports. Any idea on what is the problem is ?

Thanks
(v 2.2.8)

Re: Dimension Summary report

Hello, huotg01.
This was a bug, please upgrade to 2.3.5.

/Joe

3 (edited by huotg01 07/10/2011 01:57:04 pm)

Is it just a problem with the reporting, or is something missing in the database?  ? (I'm in the process of closing a year and I don't want to do anything not absolutely required.)

Thanks

Gaston (RIMQ)

Look into the changelog for HG. There you can see what was changed.

/Joe

Joe, sorry to say that, but that was a simple but very important question. I don't know what is HG repository, I searched all FA forums to find something about a bug with Dimensions summary, nothing, I have been working trying to convince others Board members to keep FA, I had been working very hard on closing this fiscal year, I know that yous are very, very  busy, but could you be a little bit more explicit and help me?

Thanks,

Gaston (RIMQ)

I am sorry for the sparse instruction. Here is the diff:

--- a/dimensions/includes/dimensions_db.inc    Fri Dec 10 13:12:45 2010 +0000
     1.2 +++ b/dimensions/includes/dimensions_db.inc    Sun May 22 16:15:21 2011 +0200
     1.3 @@ -172,8 +172,7 @@
     1.4      $id = db_escape($id);
     1.5      $sql = "SELECT SUM(amount) FROM ".TB_PREF."gl_trans WHERE tran_date >= '" .
     1.6          date2sql($from) . "' AND
     1.7 -        tran_date <= '" . date2sql($to) . "' AND (dimension_id = " .
     1.8 -        db_escape($id)." OR dimension2_id = " .db_escape($id).")";
     1.9 +        tran_date <= '" . date2sql($to) . "' AND (dimension_id = $id OR dimension2_id = $id)";
    1.10      $res = db_query($sql, "Sum of transactions could not be calculated");
    1.11      $row = db_fetch_row($res);

This was changes about 7 weeks ago in /dimensions/includes/db/dimensions_db.inc. The problem was the double db_escape of the $id. Remove the minus lines and insert the plus line.

The link to the HG repository is:

HG repository

/Joe

Thanks Joe

Gaston

Joe

I finally upgraded from 2.2.8 to 2.3.5, but I still have an empty Dimension Summary report.

Probably something I don't well understand ?

Thanks

Please try to look in your dimensions_db.inc if the changes above have been fixed. Otherwise something strange has happened during update.

/Joe

10 (edited by huotg01 07/17/2011 12:04:34 pm)

Please look at the other thread: "Dimension for keeping track of activities (or project) costs"

I think I have found out what causes my problem. A quick fix would be to list the Dimensions by ID numbers (instead of in alphabetic order) when asking parameters for the summary report.

Thanks

Gaston
ps: it is also possible that I had missed the whole point. It happens to me from time to time... ;-)