Topic: Upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.3.5

I haven't upgraded since a long time.

Is it ok to upgrade from 2.2.8 up to 2.3.5 ?

Can I expect a smooth process ?

Thanks

Re: Upgrade from 2.2.8 to 2.3.5

I just upgraded from 2.2.10 to 2.3.5 and had no problems.

But as always - BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

I also installed into a new directory and new database, mostly so I can run both side by side... just in case smile

tom

Tom (or someone else)

I like the idea to start another instance.

What is then the process (just remind me where this is documented) ?

Thanks

I created a new db, copied the existing db into it (2.2)

installed the files in a fa23 directory and copied/updated config_db.php   (change database name)

I think that was about it.

Login go to Setup->Software Upgrade

etc

Thanks

I will give it a try.

I tried to update from 2.2.10 to 2.3.5 or below but failed. The database can't be upgrade. I also try new installation 2.3.5 and import the database 2.2.10 with the table increase from 75 to 79 but also face the same problem. May anyone may help me by telling the step by step. Thanks

How does it fail?

When you go to Setup->Software Upgrade what do you see?

Under

Partial Upgrade 1/4, after a few force upgrade, Upgrade Successful but when you go to Item & Eventory, under inventories sales report, all the database are none. But when you go to customer transaction, the transaction are there. Please help.

The FORCE UPGRADE may not be the best thing to do.

Restore you db from the backup prior to the upgrade (Where it says Partial 1/4) and see if you still have a "0_company" table

I had to drop that table first.

Drop the table, run backup again and then try the upgrade.

If you don't have a company table then read this thread for other suggestions

Tom

Dear Bro Tom,

Thanks for your advise, already drop the table and re-import the backup, Upgrade the system without Force Upgrade and the result are" Installed" with 5 comments ( Error ) :

You have missing or invalid sales document in database ( type: 30, number : 456 ).
You have missing or invalid sales document in database ( type: 30, number : 457 ).
You have missing or invalid sales document in database ( type: 30, number : 458 ).
You have missing or invalid sales document in database ( type: 30, number : 459 ).
You have missing or invalid sales document in database ( type: 30, number : 460 ).

May i know what documents that i need to look and edit, please guide me what's the file and location to edit.

Thanks for your supports.
ali002

I am not sure how to fix those errors.

Dear all,

Successful installed and upgrade to ver 2.3.5 but still no luck. My http://domainname/reporting/reports_main.php?Class=2 still resulted with blank report. Try to key in with dummy sales invoice but still no value come out from report, Please anyone can verified that this report are functioning.

Dear all,

Tested on demo site and I think i found some bug here... I do direct invoice on demo site and go to http://demo.frontaccounting.eu/reporting/reports_main.php?Class=2 with no luck. May anyone verified this ?

Yes, you are right this is the bug, which has been fixed in Hg repo. The fix will be available with other changes in next minor FA release.
Janusz

Dear Bro itronics,

Thanks for your supports. Glad to hear that the problem had been solved. Really waiting for the next update......

Thanks bro

The changes just has been released with 2.3.6 version.

Janusz