Topic: POS

This post should be put under a forum called Sales, Maybe admin will move it for me.

POS is going to take a module. I will get more information about this later.  But if for now we could get a script that would just post to GL Cash on Hand instead of Accounts receivable, it would be good to start.  When we do an invoice, then we must go and pay the invoice, all takes time. Not good if someone is standing there with money in there hand.

We could have a link (Cash Sale) in the Sales Menu, we would just make a customer called Cash Sale and make the sale.

What do you think?

Would it be much trouble to write us a script to do this?

The Sales order, or Direct Invoice script probably should be modified to allow for a cash sale when the customer's Payment Terms: are set to Cash Only, bypassing accounts receivable.

Regards, Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: POS

Hello,
It turned out to be difficult to move this item, but ti doesn't matter. Most visitors are looking in most forums, after all.
I don't think it will be that much work to write such a module. The only problem I see is, that we do not have the resources internally to do this. Maybe there are some skilled developers out there that are interested. Hopefully.

/Joe

I will do some work on a module later, but in the mean time what would it take to modify the sales script to send the post to cash on hand account, instead of AR accounts when the customer terms is set to cash?

AM

You can set the AR account in the Customers Branch to a cash account instead of the AR account. But you shouldn't do allocations on it. But this is an ackward solution. You end up with wrong customer balances.
It will work, however, if you use the normal AR Account, and immediately afterwards make a deposit (or daily), and allocate the deposit for the invoice(s).

Joe

I have set the AR account in Customers Branches to the proper cash on hand account for the location that, that customer and branch represent.  It is making the proper post, this will work for now.  I will report back with any trouble I have with this method.

Joe, do you have any java experience?  Or do you know of someone? I have a little POS program done in java that I would like to have looked at.

Regards, Alvin

Hello Alvin,
Yes I have some Java experience, but unfortunately my resources are sparse.
I have my daily consulting business to get something to eat sad. Maybe Janusz can look at it. Hopefully he is reading this post asap.

/Joe

There are two java pos programs we could use, synPOS and openbravoPOS.

synpos, has a connector for weberp that might not be to hard to modify. I talked to one of the developers (andres amaya diaz) and he said that openbravo would be the best to use.

Both these programs can be downloaded from sorceforge and run stand alone, for anyone who would like to try them.  Ether way we will need to have some development work done on them.

Hello Alvin, regarding the cash sale, we have made a change so that if you have set the Customer Branch AR Account to a Bank Account (Cash is included here too), the Direct Invoice or Credit Note will be allocated immediately when placing.

Tips:
Set up a Customer and call him f.i. Cash Invoice. Payment Terms: Cash Only. And a branch with a suitable name. Select the Cash Account as the AR Account.
When placing the Invoice/Credit Note you can use the Deliver to and Address field below to name your customer. You can eventurlly use the Comments field to write further info on the invoice. Both these infos will be seen when you see the Invoice on the Screen and on Printing.

Theese changes are in the CVS repository unstable at Sourceforge.

/Joe

To all those who monitor this thread I have been going back and forth with Hans about POSper you may want to get in on this at https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=606132

Cheers,