Topic: Error Code when running reports in General Ledger Reports section

JsHttpRequest: JavaScript code generated by backend is invalid!

This error code occurs for every report type listed under the General Ledger Reports section, even though I am able to query the database/tables using the Inquiries options.  Any idea how to resolve?

Re: Error Code when running reports in General Ledger Reports section

Try login to FA with javascript switched off, then test the reports again. Hope you will see more messages related to the problem.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried this and the only thing it did was allow the error message to redirect me to an error page (previously I was getting the text version of the page, with Java disabled I got the full HTML version of the same message).  I'm really frustrated.  I spent a ton of time getting this program setup, and I spent days entering all our data, and the reports won't run.  I need to be able to run reports....

I figured it out.  I think the first thing to note when there is an error message is to turn on the debugging mode.   Then I found more details on the error that pointed to a line of code stating that the necessary file could not open.  I realized that it was a permission error from our host  - they just changed our site and messed up the folder permissions.  All is good now.