Topic: Customer Allocations on statements

Hi Guys

I am not sure this is a bug according to the development team but it is very confusing to me (and my customers) smile

It has taken me months to actually understand this and only after browsing the backend for errors do I see what is going on.

I have a customer whose statement shows the following balances

Current (May) 920.00
1-30 Days (April)  0.00
31-60 Days (March)   -470.00
Over 60 Days $1410.00
Total Balance 1,860.00

The only transaction in March was a payment of $470  allocated against the Over 60 days invoices. It appears that FA shows payments separately in the Customer balances on the statement.

Whilst FA is mathematically correct, I believe that the correct statement reporting should be like every other accounting system I have used  and report the balances like this:

Current (May) 920.00
1-30 Days (April)  0.00
31-60 Days (March)  0.00
Over 60 Days $940.00
Total Balance 1,860.00

So who is right? Me or FA?

Is it possible to report balances as per normal standards? (eg my way?) What do others think about how this should be reported?

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Re: Customer Allocations on statements

I agree Rod, the second layout makes alot more sense to customers. Not sure if there's any additional FA processing you may need to do to get it like that though, or if it's inherent in the way FA works.

I think the issue is more a reporting logic error. I might try and look at the Statement Report, but I think the problem could be resolved by :
1. not adding allocated payments into the aging totals and;
2. ensuring that only outstanding invoice amounts are added in rather than the full value (Ie invoiced amount - allocation)

It would be helpful if somebody could post up the report source file name to look at.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Hello,

This has just been fixed so there is a selection on how use this for Aged customer/supplier listings. Default is now to not include allocations.

Maybe we should also include this for statements, right?

/Joe

joe wrote:

Hello,

This has just been fixed so there is a selection on how use this for Aged customer/supplier listings. Default is now to not include allocations.

Maybe we should also include this for statements, right?

/Joe

Joe, that would be great. It would be even better if the default value ensured totals were displayed Rod's way above (ie. second layout in post) as I think that would be how most people would be accustomed to seeing statements.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

This has now been fixed to follow the algorithms in Aged Customer/Supplier List. As default the allocated records are not shown and calculated.

HG repository has been updated. The changes will come in release 2.3.5

/Joe

Joe thanks very much! It is so refreshing to deal with an open source product where the developers are so responsive. smile smile smile

You guys (still) Rock!

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia