1 (edited by tclim 05/14/2011 07:37:08 am)

Topic: 2 ways synchronization between vtiger and front accounting - RELEASED

Greeting,

First of all, I would like to thanks you for the great open source front accounting which is very useful and powerful ERP software. Sorry that I am going to post a long topic here. We have make it pretty hard to make it work seamlessly integrate with vtiger crm and now reach a milestone that we have completed our mission by integrate both products into one dashboard using Single Sign On (SSO) with the back-end powered by Open LDAP Server.

The concept is simply make both system having the same information with our data sync suites. The idea is to eliminate all the duplicate works and also reduce the time for duplicate data entry. Your data will be sync in either ways. You can enter your data in vtiger and it will show up in front accounting and vice-versa.

We have spend for about 3 months to developed the connectors. The issue arising here is because the front accounting does not provide any Webservices API for integration purpose. Our idea is we do not want to make a major changes in Front Accounting nor vtiger crm. Hence, we study the Front Accounting source code and create our own REST Webservice API in Front Accounting. The best will go to vtiger since it already provide the REST webservice API and we re-use their existing framework to complete our task with additional custom REST API created for Quotations, Sales Order, Purchase Order and also Invoices.

We have successfully integrate these 2 open source applications with minimum changes for the following modules:

1 ways synchronization:

1) Currency (From FA to vtiger)

2 ways synchronization:

1) Accounts – Customer Information
  2) Contacts – Customer Contact Information
  3) Vendors – Suppliers Information
  4) Products Category
  5) Services Category
  6) Manufacturers Category
  7) Products – Products Information
  8) Services – Services Information
  9) Prices – Price for all Products and Services Information
10) Multi Currencies Support (future release)
11) Purchase Orders
12) Quotations
13) Sales Orders
14) Invoices

The missing part is we DO NOT implement is the DELETION in both system. Deletion will be done manually which does not supported in our data sync suites.

For those who wish to test the 2 ways synchronization, you may test our DEMO version at http://www.anterp.com/anterp/login.php

User ID: vtiger@anterp.com
Password: password1

User ID: faccounting@anterp.com

Re: 2 ways synchronization between vtiger and front accounting - RELEASED

How to test?
Login to vtiger, add any accounts,contacts, products, services, quotes, sales order etc from our top menu, you will see "Sync Now!". if you have make any changes in vtiger or front accounting, just simple click the "Sync Now!" and it will automatically sync the data.

Please note, we DO NOT support conflict resolution yet if you make the changes on both system at the same time. It will not be sync.

I wish to use my own Use ID?
If you wish to create your own user id for testing, you can go ahead by login to the DEMO using vtiger@anterp.com.

1) From the menu  User Management -> list user. Click "Add User" and fill in those information. Click Next.

2) Under modules, you MUST at least choose
    - zimbramail
    - vtigercrm
    - acct

Click Next

3) Under Access Level, choose from the combo box. Select the access level and click "Add User Role". Repeat the step for remaining modules. Click "Save" to complete.

4) Wait for 5 minutes for User Provisioning process and you can login with your new User ID and Password.

5) Go to "Vtiger CRM", click on "My Prefences". Scroll down and copy the Access Key. Go to setting, click on Vtiger Access Key and paste it. Click the "Update AccessKey" button. You are done.

Although this suite are working currently, there are some issue arising between the 2 system. We do not sync the products image at the moment.

For synchronization status, you may downloads from http://www.anterp.com/downloads/2way-synchronization-between-vtiger-and-accounting.zip

We would like to heard from you regarding your concern about the integration between vtiger and front accounting.

Cheers...

Had a quick look. Is it opensource?

Hi waverider,

I have not decided to give away for free at the moment. But if I can get some fund for it, why not? Besides, I am currently busy with the Front Accounting Mobile Edition for iPhone, Google Android and Black Berry 6 OS. The BETA version have been arrived and I am so excited to see the applications work great in iphone. It will be great if you are willing to spend sometime to test it out. I have upload Front Accounting Mobile Edition in my server at

http://www.anterp.com/acct/mobile/index.html

Username: faccounting@anterp.com

Besides, I have just post some information in another topic at

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2119

Cheers,

tclim

This is highly interesting, tclim. I have looked at both the Portal with vtiger etc. and the Accounting Mobile Edition. Both look promissing.

Tell me if you want us to place a link on the Partner page at our Website, with a logo and description. You can address me directly with this.

/Joe

Thanks Joe,

It was fantastic. I was recognize by Front Accounting to be a partnership with you. Great...I hope that my work will help to promote Front Accounting to be one of the best Online Accounting Software in future. Thanks for recognize AntERP.com as a new partnership with Front Accounting. I will send you our company information as soon.

Warm Regards,

tclim

Cool,
Are there any chance that you will let the REST Webservice API as GPL in some version (LGPL or so).

This would even inspire others to make bridges.

Best regards

/Joe

joe wrote:

Cool,
Are there any chance that you will let the REST Webservice API as GPL in some version (LGPL or so).

This would even inspire others to make bridges.

Best regards

/Joe

A vote for this from me too for GPL as it would add great value to FA.

Rod

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

9 (edited by chaitanya 05/27/2011 04:45:44 am)

Hi Tclim,

FA developers and many other members have taken months of efforts on FA for improving it and making it useful for them and ALL.
All these contributions have been GPL.

Thanks

Chaitanya

rodw wrote:

A vote for this from me too for GPL as it would add great value to FA.
Rod

Me too.
Looks great tclim...good luck with it!

Hi All,

I understand that sharing is good as we can share it with all the developers. Open up the API to public is visible in future. I wish that I can stabilize the applications and also secure some fund before I release it.

Very good tclim. Thank you so much for your decision. We appreciate. Please send your logo and text to our partner site smile

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Previously, I have release some of the useful "plugin" and "theme" to the community but I can't find it under the "Downloads" section. It was too messy that I posted every source code release to community in the forum everywhere. I hope that you can help to put the source code under the "Downloads" section for others developers to use it.

1) Source Code for WebService API have been published in the forum at https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1569
  2) New Theme have been published in the forum at https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2099

With regarding to the Webservice API, actually you can get some idea on how to used it for your integration purpose in item no 1 above. Kindly download the webservice api and you are able to extend it for your development needs.

I will also release the LDAP Adaptor to the public very soon. Those who wish to used Active Directory or Open LDAP Server. You can downloads the "plugin" for my next release. No worry, everything is FREE...

Cheers,

tclim

Your new theme 'Anterp' was published some time ago, and is now available in any FrontAccounting instance via our central repository, so there is no need to push it to Download section.
Regarding SOAP API it was very limited,  suitable rather as API example than normal  extension module, so it was not qualified to be made available in FA repo. I was not sure whether you plan further development or not, but if you wish we can just put as it is on Download  page.

Janusz

Hi Janusz,

I was busy with my schedule right now and thanks you for publishing my theme and share among the community. With regarding the Soap API, it is a working copy that can be use to insert the Debtor Master, Debtor Trans, Branch and Contacts. It is not an "example" but it work seamlessly. You may try to downloads it and test it yourself (if you haven try it yet). You can even extend the API for the purpose of 3rd party integration with FA.

The design is base on the existing "plugin"  developed by someone else that can be found at your Downloads section. This version is the first version that I wrote for FA but I am sure how many developers are using it. I hope that you can share it with others developers who need to perform the integration with FA.

Cheers,

tclim

Your SOAP API has now been placed on our Download Release 2.3 page. We have reorganized our downloads quite a bit now, so it should be more user friendly.

Please don't forget to send me a company logo and short description of your company for publishing on our partner page.

/Joe

tclim
  You are wonderful
THANKS FOR Joe , itronics , tclim

Wonderful work with you

tclim, thank you for sharing the code. Yes, seems I have not seen it before indeed. The other one SOAP implementation for FA was provided by Gareth Obrien.
Janusz

Hi Excellence/Itronics,

Thanks you for your testing on the WebService API and great to hear that you have tested and verify it work fine.  This webservice API can be extended and share among others members in FA. Nice !!!

Cheers,

tclim

tclim wrote:

Hi Excellence/Itronics,

Thanks you for your testing on the WebService API and great to hear that you have tested and verify it work fine.  This webservice API can be extended and share among others members in FA. Nice !!!

Cheers,

tclim

Tclim thanks for kicking off the soap API. We can now get started on building more interfaces. An effective soap interface requires rigorous naming standards ie use of words get/set and spelling of entities. Are you working to a standard or is this something you havent thought about yet?

Quick question tclim:
When attempting to run soap-test.php, I'm getting:
XML error parsing WSDL from http://localhost/FA234/api/soap.php?wsdl on line 2: Invalid document end
and a list of debug/error information.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Thanks
pete

Hi p2409,

Can you try this, open a new firefox browser, enter the soap url as

http://localhost/FA234/api/soap.php?wsdl

Did you see any soap webservice is up and running?

23 (edited by p2409 06/03/2011 10:26:56 am)

tclim wrote:

Hi p2409,

The problem is 'missing ..//lib/Ldap.php' file...

A hint maybe, I commented out the include of Ldap.php (I think my php has LDAP compiled in), then I get a screen that looks like HTML (but not rendered as such), in the errors then I see demo@anterp.com/password password failure.

Hmm....

I think I better clean up the code and release the LDAP connector as soon. For your case, please remark the line

//include_once (DIR_FA . "/lib/Ldap.php");

Sorry about that.. Can you try again?

To anyone who use SOAP Webservice API, please continue our conversation at SOAP Web Service.

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1569

Thanks,

tclim

p2409 wrote:
tclim wrote:

Hi p2409,

The problem is 'missing ..//lib/Ldap.php' file...

Yep that's what I did tclim, but see above, I'm getting the password error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Invalid User ID or Password!!!
for demo@anterp.com
password1
I think