Topic: Attaching Documents

I use attach documents for just about everything. I'd like to be able to select a "type" such as Bank Payment or Bank Deposit, and see all of the available transactions I've entered. As it is I have to enter the transaction number manually so I have to remember the number if I enter a lot of payments (office items, electric bills, gasoline, etc) so I can enter it correctly. Right now it only lists the transactions and documents you've attached, not all that are available.

If there is a way to do that, I'm not seeing it. If that's confusing let me know. I'm using 2.3.3

Re: Attaching Documents

I noticed the "View or Print Transactions" screen might be a simple solution. Just add a "paperclip" type button next to the transaction and have a pop-up dialog to attach items. Just a thought,

In the various view popup screens there is a link to the attachemnt, if there is one. It is a link, Attachment, at the bottom together with the print, close links.

Joe

Am I correct that the only way to actually attach documents to a transaction is through the Setup->Attach Documents link?

I believe your reply deals with viewing attachments once they exist. I would like to attach documents through the Setup->Attach Documents area.

When attaching documents from that screen I'd like to see the existing transactions for each type, so I can select transaction 45 lets say, and then attach documents for that transaction instead of manually entering "45" into "transaction #:" text box.

If I'm misunderstanding your reply, my apologies.

Ok, I misunderstood your question.

I will see what can be done.

/Joe

I got an idea
why do we attach file from all pages (I mean in In Sales invoice page, in general entry page, in bank payment page....) other than setup tab only so users can  attach file easly.
Regards,

I guess you mean attaching documents from all input forms like Sales Invoice, Journal entry etc. just like after Supplier Invoice, right?

/Joe

These attachment links have now been added after Sales Invoice, Sales Credit, Inventory Adjustments, Work Order entry (assemble), Bank Payments and Journal Entry. These should be the most popular places.
Before it was already added for Supplier Invoice and Supplier Credit.

Tell me if you need more places.

The HG repository has been updated and the changes will go to minor release 2.3.5.

/Joe

9 (edited by Windza 02/26/2014 10:57:04 pm)

OK so I'm sorry to revive a very old thread but can someone please tell me why I'm not seeing any of the attachment links that Joe said have been added since 2.3.5?  The only page I've found where I can add attachments is still Setup->Maintenance.
I'm hoping it's something obvious...

joe wrote:

These attachment links have now been added after Sales Invoice, Sales Credit, Inventory Adjustments, Work Order entry (assemble), Bank Payments and Journal Entry. These should be the most popular places.
Before it was already added for Supplier Invoice and Supplier Credit.

Tell me if you need more places.

The HG repository has been updated and the changes will go to minor release 2.3.5.

/Joe

Links are added on final submenu pages which are displayed after e.g. Direct Sales Invoice entry. You can see 'Add an Attachment' link at the bottom.
Janusz