Topic: Unable to login after default company change

After messing around in the training company for a while, I started setting up my real company, but did not make it the default company right away.  Well, I just did so, and now I can't log back in - I get an Incorrect Password error.  I didn't change any passwords, and I was using the same for both.  I am unable to log back into the training company as well.  Please help!

Re: Unable to login after default company change

I take it no one knew what to do about this problem?  Anyway, no big deal now, as I uninstalled FA and removed the databases and started over, but this time I made sure the real company was the default on installation.  I'm not happy about having lost all the data I had already entered, so perhaps if someone does have any ideas how to fix this problem, they could post it here for future users.

3 (edited by ericta 04/24/2011 03:06:05 pm)

Today I changed my default company name. I add "corp". now I can't login to my account either! it's a nightmare.
I contacted support and hope there's a way to recover from this

MY GOD, I just login my database, it's all gone!! back to the trial company!!
and no one's answering my email! is this software still active or not?

To nofear. Yes you are right. We are investigating this.

To ericta. If this is the same problem as nofear, then there is a problem. Your data should still be there however. We are investigating.

/Joe

Pity to say, but there was ugly bug in Create/Update Companies code, which could result in data lost sad. The bug was fixed in FA 2.3.4 version which is already available on sourceforge.net. Apologies for all problems resulted from this nasty bug hidden in 2.3.x code, and thank you for your reports.

Janusz

my bookkeeper's gonna kill me!! that's for sure.

itronics: Am I able to update to that version, or does it require an uninstall of the old and reinstall of the new?

ericta:
Apologies for all the problems. We are dependent on FA users in testing the application. We try to react to any problem  instantly, but the bug was introduced a couple of months ago, and no claims were recieved so far - just this is rarely used part of FA. Really sorry.

nofear:
You can just copy all the files from new release overwriting old ones. This does not restore lost data, but will prevent damages in future.

Janusz