Topic: PO Returns to Stock

When a Customer returns goods AND we wish to re-enter those goods into Inventory, we must:
- Create a Sales Credit Note with the "Credit Note Type" set to "Items Returned to Inventory Location"

However, when we want to return purchased goods to a Supplier there does not seem to be the same functionality.  That is:
- We can create a Purchases Credit Note but there is no "Credit Note Type" field.

So, does this mean that we would have to separately go to Inventory Adjustments to remove the Purchased-and-Returned Stock from our inventory?

Or am I missing something?
thx,
js

Re: PO Returns to Stock

Try to use it, and you will know how it works. There is no write off/return option, just because you are not aware what supplier will do with items received back. If you do not return any items, you can leave the items table empty during credit note entry.

Janusz

3 (edited by jrock 04/25/2011 06:07:09 am)

I'd just like to clarify that answer pls:

1) I send the Supplier a Purchase Order.
2) The Supplier sends me the physical goods and I Receive them in to my Stock (ie. Inventory increases in FA)
3) I then discover a defect with some of the received stock and I complain to the Supplier.  The Supplier says either:

- "Just throw it out and I won't charge you for those items"; or
- "I'll come and collect the defective items from you and I won't charge you for those items"

In either of these cases, my Inventory now decreases.

4) I enter a Purchases Credit Note into FA to capture the fact that I don't need to pay for those items.
5) But how do I record that my stock level has decreased?  Are you saying that:

5.a)  When I include Items in the Purchases Credit Note, they will be automatically deducted from my Inventory on Hand?
5.b) When I DO NOT include Items in the Purchases Credit Note, they will NOT be deducted from my Inventory on Hand (ie. will just record the financial credit instead)?

thx again,
js

Just do this:

Go into Supplier Invoice entry (the right part of the Suppliers Tab). Choose the Supplier. You will see wchich items you want to remove. Remember to be logged in as an administrator. Remove the lines you want to delete. That's it.

/Joe