Topic: [Help]How to start fa

Hi all,

I am an absolute beginner in frontaccounting. I would like to study fa. Please guide me how to start learning fa. Also I have no accounting background.

Thanks in advance
iijb

Re: [Help]How to start fa

You can start by looking at the Training Co., if you installed such a one.

You can also do the following changes in config.php to get help from our central wiki. About line 101.

// $help_base_url = 'https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.';
    //     not used
    $help_base_url = null;

You simply uncomment line 101 (take away the // in front. and insted comment line 103 with // in front.

/Joe

3 (edited by iijb 04/13/2011 11:59:26 am)

Hi,
      Thanks for your quick reply.  I have installed and get some basic idea.

I have another question. I dont know whether it is correct board for my question. I have created a customer and when I make an Sales Order Entry the Customer name is not displaying in the Customer dropdown.

And also how to view all added customers. Plz help.

Thanks again
iijb

Go into Company Setup in Setup tab. Uncheck the 'Search Customer List'. If this is checked, you can search customers by using the space character on the keyboard when you are in the customer list field.

/Joe

I don't think leaping into FA is the right place to start. Get a book on basic accounting, and learn some concepts first. FA assumes you are familiar with accounting terminology, and it's easy to get yourself very mixed up if you're not sure of things. At the very very least, learn the double entry concept and A = L + OE.

That would be my advice anyway.

.. or hair accountant to make the initial setup setup for you. The accounting knowledge is more or less necessary during FA configuration. Later you can use it without special skills.
Janusz