Topic: TIPS. How to Update existing translations after new releases ...

You can merge your existing .po file with the empty.po (from the new release) file with msgmerge.

Or, if you are using poEdit, you can load your .po file and select 'Catalog', 'Update from pot-file'. Select All files as filter and navigate to the empty.po file and select this one.
Now the merge will take place and you see all your new strings. Translate the new strings and save your work. The .mo file is created when you save.

That is all there is smile

/Joe
BTW. Please share the new files with us.

Re: TIPS. How to Update existing translations after new releases ...

Thanks for the tip. I have done the merge and now it looks better.  I shall send you the corrected / updated Argentinean .po file, when I have finished.  If you could then convert it to a Spanish (Nicaragua) one and put it on your site, it would be nice, as there are some idiomatic differences, so the Argentineans may not be completely happy with the update.  As I mentioned, I have not been able to create a functional es_NI .po file, so I am just working on the Argentinean one.

Hello,
I've used POEdit to edit the PO and click update. I already set the root directory to my Front Accounting project. I've seen the updated label which added by me. I've set the translation and save it. After I reload, I don't see any change in the Front Accounting. I think the po file is alreay updated. Is there any wrong with this method?

Thank you for your attention.

The .po file needs to be compiled into a .mo file which needs to be uploaded.