Topic: Installation on two server - Local and On Hosting plan.

I currently install my FA on hosting plan which always off line and very slow so would like to setup my own server ( Ubuntu Server on i5 Machine ) at my company and would like to sync both mysql database, any one have idea on doing this?

Thanks for your supports.

Re: Installation on two server - Local and On Hosting plan.

You don't say what you're trying to achieve here, but there are MySQL database syncing tools available (eg. https:/sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltoolkit). It can get complicated, but syncing is a possibility with this DBMS.

Hi Everybody, 

I'm sure there is a way to configure frontaccounting to use a database hosted on a web server on the Internet. I've searched the forum but am surprised to find no posts about this. I'd imagine many users would want their database hosted on a web site.

I'm trying to accomplish this, and will post my progress (assuming there is!) for the benefit of other users in a similar situation. Meanwhile, if any of you FA and PHP/ MySQL gurus out there have any ideas, they'd be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

rajeev wrote:

Hi Everybody, 

I'm sure there is a way to configure frontaccounting to use a database hosted on a web server on the Internet. I've searched the forum but am surprised to find no posts about this. I'd imagine many users would want their database hosted on a web site.

I'm trying to accomplish this, and will post my progress (assuming there is!) for the benefit of other users in a similar situation. Meanwhile, if any of you FA and PHP/ MySQL gurus out there have any ideas, they'd be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Just follow the installation instructions and it will install fine on a remote server but the problem the original poster had was poor performance.

Personally to solve his problem, I would host it on another server. I now use a VPN so I have total control and it works fine now.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Yes, it was smooth sailing just following the installation instructions... smile

Thanks!