1 (edited by Kalido 01/24/2011 07:14:20 pm)

Topic: Hiding Zero's of Voided Transactions?

Hi,

to hide Voided Transactions Records who appears as Zero's in :

GL Account Inquiry ( ...../gl/inquiry/gl_account_inquiry.php? ) Or in the Account Statement Reports,

I added a variable : $Include_Zero_Amounts = 'No';
in   the function  "  get_gl_transactions  " ///  " gl_db_trans.php  "  to control the associated query.

Is there another alternative I may use  ?

Thanks,
Khaled

Re: Hiding Zero's of Voided Transactions?

An alternative would be to set a global variable in config.sys where you could set a variabel to either 0 or 1. Can we maybe get some input regarding this from the community smile

/Joe

3 (edited by Kalido 01/25/2011 05:57:45 am)

I will do the modification as you suggest. And I will post it to the community soon.

From other side, I m very happy that you adopted the Characters Accounts approach.

I think now,perhaps it is about time for an effort to some kind of a Simple Reports Generator.

/khaled

Thanks Khaled. In my former post I called the file config.sys. It should be config.php of cource.

Khaled, do you have any ideas about a simple report generator. We have been looking around without any luck. The one we have as a module is not good enough. Are you keen on trying?

/Joe

5 (edited by Kalido 01/25/2011 07:41:33 pm)

Hi Joe,

-----> config.php 

add :

// Show Zero's from Voided Transactions : 1 = Show it ; 0 = Hide it  ===> Default : Hide it = 0
     $Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions='0';   

------> gl_db_trans.inc 

change to :
function get_gl_transactions($from_date, $to_date, $trans_no=0,
    $account=null, $dimension=0, $dimension2=0, $filter_type=null,
    $amount_min=null, $amount_max=null,$Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions='0')

add just before the line :    if ($trans_no > 0)
the statement :
if ( $Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions == '0')     $sql .=   " AND ".TB_PREF."gl_trans.amount <> '0' ";

------> gl_account_inquiry.php

in function show_results()

change to :
global $path_to_root, $table_style, $systypes_array,$Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions;

change to :
    $result = get_gl_transactions($_POST['TransFromDate'], $_POST['TransToDate'], -1,                         
        $_POST["account"], $_POST['Dimension'], $_POST['Dimension2'], null,
        input_num('amount_min'), input_num('amount_max'),$Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions);

-------> Rep702.php

in function print_list_of_journal_entries()

change to:
    global $path_to_root, $systypes_array, $Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions;

change to:
    $trans = get_gl_transactions($from, $to, -1, null, 0, 0, $systype,null,null,$Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions); 

--------> Rep704.php

in function print_GL_transactions()

change to:
    global $path_to_root, $systypes_array, $Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions; 

change to:
    $trans = get_gl_transactions($from, $to, -1, $account['account_code'], $dimension, $dimension2,null,null,null,$Show_Zeros_of_Voided_Transactions);

RE : Report Generator,

I really don't know any, but I doubt it is perhaps easier if we sub-devised the Rep-xxx associated with FA to different  sub-modules :

- Title (1, 2,...) : generalized

- Core (1,2,...) : special for each report

- Tail (1,2,...)   : generalized

it is a semi automatic approach.

Regards,
Khaled

joe wrote:

An alternative would be to set a global variable in config.sys where you could set a variabel to either 0 or 1. Can we maybe get some input regarding this from the community smile

/Joe

Just a thing to note: zero transactions and voided transactions are valid transactions, and are required to be listed from auditing perspective in places like Aus, and UK at least.

Zero transactions are often used at end of month to signify no activity, and voided transactions are of interest to forensic accountants! So, if there is a proposal to remove them from reports, it should remain a user/admin option. Overall, I wouldn't advocate it, but I can see how people might like the option with their systems.

All amounts in voided transactions in FA are set to zero, so they are not very useful for auditing purposes. Due to specifics of computer aided accounting (with its easiness of transparent data changes) the old requirement to keep voided transactions in place is outdated. Most modern applications use some kind of transaction buffering, which allow modifications/deleting of any transaction until the related accounting period is closed.  This idea of transaction buffering/closing will also be implemented in next (2.4)  FA release. For now FA treats all entered transactions as buffered until fiscal year is closed.

Janusz