Topic: Electronic payments - customer and supplier

Hi,
Don't know how people will make their payments, but in our country (and others too) most of the people will do electronic.

Supplier:
At the supplier you must be able to enter the bank-details (bank-name, address, Bank-clearing code and new IBAN-number) and account-no and IBAN-No of the supplier, and the information how you will pay the invoices (which kind of electronic-transaction - which is a norm).
The supplier will send you a payment-slip with a ref-number, and this ref-number you must enter with each invoice (manual or with a reader). This ref-number will contain the information for the payment (they are different, depends which bank you will have, max 27 digits long).
In this way you are able to handle each payment, all over the world.
For payments outside of the country you must be able
In Europe we have now also SEPA, but not all banks will participate.

To create the file:
You can do automatically via proposal-payment within a choosen due-date, and then you can overwork manually, or you will book each payment manually and choose the payment-type "electronic".
If everything is done, you will run the booking - and the file will be generated, and this file you will send to your bank.
As long the payments are not debited, the payments are flagged as temporary bookings, and after you get the debit from the bank, you will control and book definitive. If something is not debited, you are able to delete the payment.
In this way you are also able to handle periodical payments once a year.
On the reports you can choose included temporary bookings or not, for the outlook and cash-flow it is practical.
Not all systems will handle via temp-bookings. And if something is not debited from the bank, you have to correct manually.

The supplier will receive an electronic file, and will import to his system, and if no errors, everything is booked automatically.
He could identify the payment with the reference-number.
If errors, maybe credit-notes are deducted, or the amount was changed, you must correct on the account manually, but you can identify who paid with the ref-no.

Customer:
You must be able to enter at the customer bank-information (like at the supplier) for "electronic payment", will work in the same way like the payments to suppliers, only an other transaction-type.

You must be able to generate with the invoice a payment-slip with the reference-number. This is a must, otherwise you have to pay more payment-fees. During next year anyway only one type must be used.

when you get payments, you can download a file from the bank, and then you will import to the system, check and book.

This way of payments we can do here since 20 years, only the way how you send the file has changed.
Now with SEPA and IBAN as standard in most of the countries it works the same way.

I could only provide the information how this work, and how the files must look, but I can not make such changes to the program.

How could something implemented? As add-on? It is not in each region the same. But SEPA is for Europe the same, and IBAN in the future I think too (I could clear this point).

For the administration it will really save you time.
And how it works now, you have to enter data twice, in the system and at the bank.

ernie

Re: Electronic payments - customer and supplier

Thanks for your contribution. The only way we have now, is an option for a PayPal link down on the Sales Invoice. This is quite easy to implement and I would hope something similar will show up for other Payment processors.

/Joe