Topic: Manufacturing: How do I Track Inventory costs of elements and product?

I need to get front accounting to do these things. . .

Set locations for Individual consumable pieces/hardware
Set inventory for Individual consumable pieces/hardware
Set reorder quantities for individual consumable pieces/hardware

Post deduction to automatically individual consumable pieces/hardware when manufacturing a part

Set location for manufactured part
Set Inventory for manufactured part
Set build more quantities for manufactured part

Also need to be able to query via piece, hardware, part, tool end product and be given the location.

I am sure I am not the only person who has many bits & pieces that need inventory and location and many different combos of these to create many assorted products.  If you have done this with success, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Manufacturing: How do I Track Inventory costs of elements and product?

Have you looked into the demo site? And have you looked into the  . You can get a lot off free help from here.

/Joe

Yes.  I have looked and not getting what I need.  It may be my programming experience is far too long ago for me.  I think what will be best unless some one out there has an assembly business in nature where they procure parts and then build them into objects to sell.  I am thinking it is time for me to get a PhP book and read up on it then see how it is that this actually works.  Maybe my needs are there, but without a manual, I just can't see how to work it for me.  I am not ready to quit yet.    Thanks Persevering

Manufacturing module in FA is rather simple, and in fact full manufacturing chain implementation needs all the module rewrite. If you have also experience with databases feel free to start the work by redesign the FA database area  related to manufacturing.

Janusz

Can anyone tell me where to find the code for location so I can download and then expand to fit my needs?  (see 12/8/10 post)  Thank you.

Inventory/location code is (surprise!) in inventory folder and its subflders, manufacturing in manufacturing.
Janusz.