Topic: Auto credit sales invoice

Hello Joe,

thanks for your support so far.
I have a series of challenge with FA.

1. It automatically credit an invoice like a POS when the customer entered is a debtor customer i.e. he buys now pays later. what must be my error?

2. How do I make customers that dont transact with us again not to appear in the report printout. e.g. Debtors balances report.

3. what is the function of Customer transaction inquiry? What is the function of the RB column. I am asking because when I try to find out the cash collection over a period, the summation is not sequencial. I am missing something?

thanks.

Popsicles2.

Re: Auto credit sales invoice

Hello Popsicles2,

1. I am sorry, I don't think I understand this question. Could you explain a bit more, thanks.
2. In the Customer Balance Report, select the Suppress zeros, then all customers with zero amount will not print. I assume that the customers you do not trade with any more are zeroed out, right?
3. The customer transaction inquiry is NOT a balanced report as per due to that delivery notes are shown here too. You will have to print the customer balance report to get the balances.

/Joe

3 (edited by popsicles12 11/16/2010 02:08:26 pm)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

The question I am asking is this.

when I enter an invoice for a customer, FA automatically credit the customers' payment. The customer is a customer that buys now and pay later. the customer has a time period of 30 day to make payment which was effected when the customer was created. So now why is it that FA automatically credit the customer when He has not paid.
please help as this is a major challenge.

Secondly, If I want to get a detailed report on a customer as par what he has bought and what he has paid so far and the balance he is owing, how do I get this?

thanks.

Popsicles12.

Hi,

1. Which version are you using? I guess you are using some kind of cash invoicing. Smaller only cash related fields below in the Sales Invoice form. You should only get the invoices immediately paid when using cash invoicing.

2. I guess this is a combination of the reports Customer Balances and the Inventory report Inventory Sales report.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I am not sure I am using cash invoicing. I am using version 2.2.8. Is there another way to know if I am using cash invoicing. Presently, all customers are debtors and the have at lease 30 day to make payments for goods supplied to them.
Please how else do I know if I am using cash invoicing.

thanks.

popsicles12.

I am not sure what can be wrong in your setup. Can you reproduce these things on the demo server (both the 2.2 and 2.3)?

/Joe