Topic: Pastel Partner to FA

I am having issues & with Pastel Partner 10.2.4 & was going to move slowly from PP to FA 2.2.3, but Pastel is crashing every 2 days & I keep having to redo work, so I would rather leave Pastel where it belongs & move over to FA ASAP! I can export PP into excell, I am just not sure how to import the General Ledger & all the inventory items into FA, have you got an easy way to leave PP & export the database into FA?

Re: Pastel Partner to FA

It is never easy to move from one accounting system to another. Some of the modules on the Download - Modules may help you import customer/supplier and items.
You should also consider using a newer release, as 2.2.11. And we are shortly releasing the 2.3 final.

/Joe

if we start playing with 2.3RC2, is that an easy upgrade to the final 2.3? as we have made the decision to move away from Pastel over the next month & onto FrontAccounting, we are playing & learning with 2.2.3, just our set of GL accounts & all our stock items will be the long hard entries so download-modules, import CSV items should make that task alot easier, any other helpful hints are welome

Upgrading from 2.3RC2 to 2.3RC3 and 2.3 Final is just a matter of copying files unto your server. There are never database changes between minor releases.

/Joe