Topic: change fiscal year

i want to use  my fiscal year 01-04-2010 to 31-03-2011

plz. help any one !!!!!!!!

Re: change fiscal year

Please have a look at  regarding this topic.

/Joe

3 (edited by mnicholas 11/08/2010 12:20:25 pm)

Fiscal years seem to have to be consecutive with no days missing, they can be longer than 1-year however. Try entering a very long fiscal year, starting whenever and ending on the 31-03-2010. Then you will be able to add the year you describe and delete the earlier years. Worked for me anyway (with 2.3RC3).

I am running version 2.3.5 and logged in as Administrator.   It is a fresh install of FrontAccounting.  I want to change the Fiscal Year from 01/01/2011 - 12/31/2011. to start in march.   

After reading problems changing the fiscal year:  I created the previous year and made that the active one in Setup/Company Setup.  Then I tried to delete the 2011 year.  I get the error

My Last post did not get all of my text.  So I'm trying again

I am running version 2.3.5 and logged in as Administrator.   It is a fresh install of Frontaccounting.  I want to change the Fiscal Year from 01/01/2011 - 12/31/2011. to start in march.   

After reading problems changing the fiscal year:  I created the previous year and made that the active one in Setup/Company Setup.  Then I tried to delete the 2011 year.  I get the error
"Cannot delete this fiscal year because there are fiscal years before."

I also tried to create another short year Jan 1 to Feb 28 2011 and that failed with
"Invalid BEGIN date in fiscal year."

None of the recommendations work.  How do you change the fiscal year?

So how do you change the Fiscal year to be other then Jan 1 to Dec 31?

Thanks

Please read about the fiscal year in the Wiki, http:/frontaccounting.com/fawiki .

/Joe