Topic: Question about Banking and General ledger- Payments, and Deposits

When doing a Payment or deposit, not all account codes seems to be available for the transaction.

What makes an account code available for Payment, or available for Deposit ?

Thanks

Gaston

Re: Question about Banking and General ledger- Payments, and Deposits

Only Bank Accounts are not available. If you need some bank transfer, please use the Bank Transfer.

/Joe

I was asking because I have an account AAA  of group account "Current Liabilities", class type "Liabilities", that doesn't show in the drop box (but is there when listing all Active GL accounts). I thought that  there was another rule.

If it is not the case, then it means that I have a problem, maybe something misconfigured.

What would be the process to find out ?

Thanks,

Gaston

Strange, it should be visible when using Bank Payments/Deposits. Only the bank accounts are removed here. Are you sure it has not been marked inactive in GL accounts?
I cannot reproduce this so I don't know what to suggest.
Maybe someone can help us among the community.

/Joe

Joe

Is there a way to insert images in a post ?
I want to show the description of the GL classes, groups, and accounts, and also an image of the drop box in Payment showing that one of the account is not there (maybe more...).

If not, with a little help, I can track down the problem. Where should I look to see the SQL script that fills the Payment drop box ?

Thanks

Gaston

Joe, Janusz

A hint about the spot to look at in order to see the sql scrip that loads the drop box ?

Thanks

Gaston

Hi Gaston,

The function for populating the listbox is
function gl_all_accounts_list about line 1506 in file /includes/ui/ui_lists.inc. And the parameters to the function is called from inside:
/gl/includes/ui/gl_bank_ui.inc line 182 in function gl_edit_item_controls.

/Joe