Topic: Mailing updated invoices

When I produce a direct Invoice, I can do many things with it: seeing it, printing it, emailing it.

When I update this same direct invoice, I don't have the possibility to email it. Is it normal ?
If it is normal, how can I resend an invoice by email to someone ?

Thanks

Gaston

Re: Mailing updated invoices

You can send it from the Customer and Sales Reports, Customer Invoices.

/Joe

Reports For Class:  Customer
Customer Balances
Aged Customer Analysis
Customer Detail Listing
Price Listing
Order Status Listing
Salesman Listing
Print Invoices/Credit Notes
Print Deliveries
Print Statements
Print Sales Orders
Print Sales Quotations
Print Receipts

Thanks Joe, but what is the report you refer to ? That said, is there a specific reason why emailing ia not offered in "Customer Transaction Inquiry" ?

Gaston

Print Invoices/Credit Notes.
No, not really, It is just quite rare that the functions has been used. You are the first to reflect on it.

These links have been added in release 2.3RC1

/Joe

Thanks Joe

Gaston

Hi Joe,
After I place an invoice, I get various options such as view, print, email etc but unfortunately it gives me this error message "Sending document by email failed" any time I try to email. I'm running on version2.2.8.

Could you kindly help me fix this?

Thanks.

First check that you have a functional email provider in your environment. Secondly check that your customer/branch has a valid email address.

/Joe

By "functional email provider in your environment" do you mean the server (such as apache), or do you mean in the actual FA program? I don't think there are any email provider configuration pages as far as I know...

FA uses a class /reporting/includes/class.email.inc for emailing documents. The class uses the PHP built in mail function.

/Joe

Ah, ok. Thanks for your clarification!