Topic: Just a few questions...

First,
I think you guys have a great project in the making. 

A few quick questions/suggestions though.
sales/purchasing....
-Ability to edit a sales/purchase order after entering?
--this would be a great feature to allow for that one item you forgot to add when you were filling out the original order.

-receiving a purchase order. A value is created for an item qty, this qty is shown in the inventory as an "on order" item. Is there a way to show that this item is received?

-making payments/receiving payments. Instead of having to allocate these payments after they have been made, couldn't an allocate to: list box, or something of that sort be inserted to prevent more work?

Again, many thanks and I like where this project is aimed!

Re: Just a few questions...

Hi,
You can edit a sales/purchase order as long as it has not been invoiced. Just select the inquiries or the delivering/invoicing where you se the list. There you can edit them.
There are many changes and improvements in the unstable release 2.0 that you can monitor in the Mailing List on SourceForge.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

I observed that one can edit the Sales Order (SO) even if a invoice is done. This is in fact good feature. It is also handled carefully not to lower the quantity than delivered.

But on SO one can change the item price and discount also !

This may lead a situation where item rate, discount% on delivery different that SO itself. This could be confusing !

Please advise if there is any specific need backing this freedom.

Thanks

Chaitanya

Hello Chaitanya,
The ability to edit SO even after an invoice is created was implemented some time ago and was done by Janusz. So far there haven't been reported any problems with this, but let us hope that Janusz will comment on this too.

/Joe

Well, I think it was implemented as simplest lazy solution smile. There is a couple of another ways applicable here like restricting price changes when anything on order was delivered, or using per line item restrictions. I think current way is equally safe, but we can consider another choices.

Janusz