Topic: Item categories and Item types

When adding or editing "Item Categories", there is a field named "Item Type". Where does it come from ? Where is it maintained?

Gaston

Re: Item categories and Item types

Item Types are built in. They can be either Manufactured, Purchased or Service. Manufactured and Purchased are Stock Items.

If you want to create a manufactured Item you would have to set it to Manufactured. Then you can populate the Manufactured Item in Bill of Material.

/Joe

3 (edited by huotg01 06/28/2010 11:39:36 am)

Thank you for the information.
I took the opportunity to add it to the Wiki.

Gaston

4 (edited by ammu 08/19/2010 10:10:27 am)

actually when i am creating items under service tag then its not displaying in Items Adjustments link.Even i m also using correct version.but still getting this errors..can u plz sort out this problem

If you mean Inventory Adjustments -> Item Adjustments Note then this is the correct behaviour. Services are not physical products but things like shipping and labour, these will not have a quantity as they are not stock items.

Hi everybody. i am newcomer from Russia. i am going to implement FA and learning a functional. there is an issue I didn't understand. The category is based on item type. when i create item, i define category and same time FA define item type. if i change category the item type change same matter. but if i change the item type on existing item, FA allow to do it. practical it can be a situation when item belong to product category and has GL account appointed to component and item type = manufacture. How it work. Please explain the logic. Really i going to mark item type as read only on form item. Hope it help me to avoid uncertainness. Sorry for my English, i had no practise for 2 years.

Item Category settings serve as default for new items created in this category. But once the item is defined you can change the item's category as you wish, you can also change individually GL accounts related to item - they are no longer dependent on category settings.
Janusz