Topic: Invoice amount error!

Hello Joe,

There are some discoveries I need explaination to.

1. A clerk of mine wrongly entered an invoice. I voided the invoice and asked her to enter the invoice correctly which she did. i later discover after three days that invoice has stock on it but no unit price and amount. Stock was deducted from my store but amount was not credited to the customers' account. What could have happened? Is there a way one can enter an invoice without the prices and an amount.

2. I voided a suppliers' invoice in the morning and in the evening, the stock on the invoice had not be returned to the store. although i checked the negative inventory entry. Why does it do this?

3. A customer gave me a cheque which was deducted from his debtor's account. on presenting the cheque, it was rejected so i do i add the amount back to his account?

please kindly assist.

thanks.

popsicles12.

Re: Invoice amount error!

1. Yes, you can enter an invoice item with no price (you give it away for free).
2. This sounds strange. Are you sure this was a stock item and not a service?
3. First select Allocate Customers Payments or Credit Notes. Mark Show Settled Items. Click the Payment link last. Remove the aount from the payment. Now the Payment is back again.
Now you can void the Payment.

/Joe

Re: Invoice amount error!

Hello Joe,

I dont understand how you can create an invoice with prices when there the selling prices are entered in the system. Moreso, when you enter a product into the invoice it will show you the price for i unit then when you increase the unit, it automatically update the amount of such product.
Please kindly enlighten me on how to sell a product for free in front accounting and what to do to stop it.

thanks.

popsicles12.