Topic: Problem posting payment to supplier from purchases menu

When trying to post a payment to a supplier through the payments to suppliers option in the purchases menu, the open invoice is displayed, and the correct amount of the payment is entered into the transaction when I press the 'ALL' option (selects the outstanding unallocated amount).  However when I come to enter the transaction the system returns the error message "At least one transaction is overallocated".  I believe there is a work around by posting through the bank and general ledger accounting menu but I think this first approach to supplier payment should work too.  Is this right?  Im using FA 2.2.9

Re: Problem posting payment to supplier from purchases menu

Yes, of course it should work. I cannot reproduce this prlem, but maybe some rounding problems appeared again after last fixes in this option related code. As a temporary workaround you can ignore the allocation during payment entry, then allocate the payment later via Allocate Supplier Payment or CN option.

Janusz

I have exacltly the same problem with FA 2.2.9, worked fine in 2.2.8.

FA 2.2.9: The proposed workaround does not work. Same problem described by jconnor: "At least one transaction is overallocated".

Yes, I have finally found this bug. The fix was added to CVS main. You can also fix it yourself by changing 'get_post' call to 'input_num' in line 333 of /includes/ui/allocation_cart.inc. This bug suffers only installations were other than dot decimal separator is set.
Janusz