1 (edited by huotg01 05/24/2010 01:45:23 pm)

Topic: Importing clients

I have FrontAccounting 2.2.8

Just to make sure : if I want to import a list of clients, I have to install the module "Import CSV Customer file" ?

It's the way to go ?

Thanks

Re: Importing clients

I am unable to install the module "Import CSV Customer file".

It ends with the pretty yellow triangle.
I have :

$debug             = 1;
$show_sql         = 0;
$go_debug         = 1;
$pdf_debug         = 0;

but no information on the source of the problem (or I don't look at the right place).

Any advice ?

Thanks

Finally, even with the triangle displayed, I noticed that the installation is made but an error is displayed on top of all pages:
include(./modules/import_customers/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory dans fichier: C:\Data\SitesWeb\rimqfa\includes\access_levels.inc à la ligne301
include() [function.include]: Failed opening './modules/import_customers/' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') dans fichier: C:\Data\SitesWeb\rimqfa\includes\access_levels.inc à la ligne301

and when I want to execute the module, I have the following msg:
Undefined offset: 11 dans fichier: C:\Data\SitesWeb\rimqfa\includes\current_user.inc à la ligne140

I don't know what to do with these information.

4 (edited by huotg01 05/24/2010 06:26:54 pm)

Line 301 access_levels.inc is:

include($path_to_root.($ext['type'] == 'plugin' ? '/modules/':'/').$ext['path'].'/'.$ext['acc_file']);

and line 140 of current_user.inc is:

$code = $security_areas[$page_level][0];

FA is a great system.

When setting it up, when I have these messages, I don't know what to do to correct the situation. I need guidance from someone at least to help me to understand what is going on.

Thanks

Gaston

I think you would like to talk with author of the extension. You should  find contact to him in documentation file bundled with the module. Unfortunately I have never used this extension, so I can't help you.

Janusz

The developper of "Import CSV Customer file" seems to be Joe (Hunt).

It seems that the customers import module is out of date. Tom Moulton has done some changes, but I haven't checked it lately. I am quite busy at the moment. You could download the module for import items (release 2.2) and see if there is something that you can change in the customer module.
Otherwise wait a couple of weeks, then I can have a look at it.

/Joe

Thanks Joe for the tips.

You were right.

A few things to change and now it works:
-1 line to change
-1 line to add
-1 php file to add

Gaston

Finally I got an error when importing my csv file:
         can not open file C:\tmp\phpUpload\php92D7.tmp

Don't know what it is.

A tip ?

Thanks

Uploaded csv file is stored in temporary file. Do you have C:\tmp\phpUpload directory created?
Janusz

Yes it is created.

Could it be an access right problem ?

Thanks

Yes, I think it can. I'm not sure about this, I do not know Windowz well.
Janusz

Some progress...

The problem was coming from the fact that PHP.ini has 2 places where you specify the upload path. The required one was not set, so by default c:\tmp

That path was "not within the allowed path(s)"

This is fixed.

Now, the module goes further, but I have another error msg:
Undefined offset: 13 in file: C:\Data\SitesWeb\rimqfa\modules\Importer_clients\import_customers.php at line 41
DATABASE ERROR : customer could not be retreived
error code : 1054
error message : Unknown column 'Systematix' in 'where clause'
sql that failed was : SELECT debtor_no FROM 0_debtors_master WHERE debtor_no=Systematix

I'm working on it.

Ok, everything works now.

I also added a field for the customer short name.

Please tell me what I should do to upload the end result for 2.2.8

Gaston

You can send the modified version to contribution mailbox, address you will find on our Contact page. Thank you very much, and sorry for inconvenience.
When release 2.3 will appear we plan to improve also extension repository maintenance, so such problems are avoided.

Janusz