Topic: Working with Outstanding Purchase Order Maintenance

I would like to know what the community thinks is the best way to handle an outstanding PO when you receive some of the items on the PO, but the supplier does not do back orders.  You receive some of the items on that PO, and now the PO should be moved from outstanding, or archived or something. ??

It would be good, to be able to flag a PO as back order, or create a new PO from Items not received,  and maybe a report of Items not received...

Anyway please let me know?  I will get some more information added to the dev-wiki and help-wiki from response here...

Thanks

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: Working with Outstanding Purchase Order Maintenance

This is a situation we come up against too on occasion. I, personally, would like the option of choosing between:

a) Create new PO from Backorders (generates new PO#).
b) Partial PO-receipt which generates a backorder with same PO#.

Admittedly, this is a rare occasion but the option would be nice to have when it arises.

rthor wrote:

a) Create new PO from Backorders (generates new PO#).
b) Partial PO-receipt which generates a backorder with same PO#.

I think both are good, some suppliers may keep the same PO #, and send your items when they come in...  The main company I deal with does not do back orders, I must generate a new PO...

To other users, please let us know what you think?

AM

I still have an issue here...

In receive some of the items on the PO, and now the PO is still outstanding... the items are not coming, the PO is not a PO anymore...  It needs to be removed from outstanding... I guess I can go to edit PO, change the qty ordered, to qty received, and remove the line items I did not receive any of?

Please let me know, Thanks

AM