Topic: Booking invoices without a PO

Hi,

I was wondering how to go about booking an invoice where there is no purchase order... for non-stock items where we haven't issued a PO. Is this possible, please? How do we reflect the amount owed in our creditors accounts for these suppliers?

Also, is there a way that we can raise PO's for non-stock items and have them go straight to expenditure (I can do that through the account set-up in the item), but without recording any items on hand when they are received?

Thanks for your help, and regards,

Dave.

Re: Booking invoices without a PO

Hello Digger, if you try these operations on the demo site,  you will see that all you asked for is possible. Please try for yourself smile.

However, if you go direct to the Supplier Invoice without PO, you can only enter GL entry lines. But this is possible in release 2.3.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your speedy response! Perhaps I had something wrong with my setup, but I have upgraded to 2.2.8 and I can now make payments against supplier invoices entered without a PO. Before I was getting an error, but it's working now, thank you!!

I'm still wondering where it is that I am supposed to mark an item as "non-stock". For some items we want to issue PO's but we don't want the items included in our stock count when we do a GRN... we just want them to go straight to the P&L as expense without showing in stock. As you say, I'm sure this is possible, but I'm just not sure where to do it... Apologies for my ignorance!

Thanks once again for your help, and regards,

Digger.

Ok, you just create the item as a service item. You can still buy this service item from a supplier. And the purchase is booked directly against COGS account (or whatever account you set in the item as purchase account).

/Joe