Topic: customer paying on account in foreign currency...

I don't know if this is a bug or not...  But when I receive a customer payment...  In Customer Payment Entry, From Customer: I pick the customer, Into Bank Account: I pick the account he pays to, Exchange Rate: is auto changed to the correct currency, Amount: I enter the payment in that currency.

But the system saves it as home currency, making the customers account way off...

In Customers, Customer's Currency: the customer's currency is listed as home currency...  but the customer is paying on his account in foreign currency...

Please let me know what you think?

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: customer paying on account in foreign currency...

You must always pay in the Customers Currency (domestic here), despite which bank currency account you are paying to.
This information is also written below in the form, if you are paying to a different bank currency account.

/Joe

I guess my business is unique, some customers buy from us at different locations, currencies, and countries.  I have a few currency issues with FA, maybe I will list them one day...

AM

Thanks hazeline03, Welcome to the forum...

I would like to see this change...  You have a multi currency system... Let the system do business in whatever currency you need for that transaction... and more

AM