Topic: Database Transactions - Is it available?

I haven't use this system but upon analysing source code I find out that Database Transactions are missing.  Being a Webbased application Database Transactions are important factor.

Is it available? May be I haven't found it as I have just started. Or there are other alternative implemented by FA teams.

Re: Database Transactions - Is it available?

Yes it is available. All critical tables use INNO_DB and operations are surrounded with BEGIN, COMMIT or ROLLBACK when inserting and/or updating.

/Joe

Dear FA Team, I do not understand why the FA are not using InnoDB for all tables. considering almost all the tables relate to each other. i mean, using the "constrain" feature to make sure that data is related correctly.

Ary Wibowo

There are a couple of advantages of MyISAM engine, which is not available in innoDB (e.g. full text search) To find the differences you can find various comparision articles on internet. InnoDB is not universal choice, however we still consider switching all tables to to this engine. As for now we can live without the change, and until we have foreign key constraints implemented in FA database, the switch is not necessary.

Janusz.