Topic: Cache issues

Hi,

I installed a new language pack and realized that some concepts that I newly translated weren't there. I deleted, from within the application and then directly in the directory, then reinstalled - no change. Cleared the browser cache, changed browsers - still the same. I had to restart the server in order to have everything displayed correctly. Tried it on a second server - same result. There was apc installed, I switched off apc, installed, switched on apc again. Then it worked once. Just emptying the cache didn't help (tried to empty cache, restart Apache).

What really puzzles me is not apc, this is explainable to a certain extent but the 9.10 machine with no cache (at least not to my knowledge).

My environment:
Client Win7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10
Server 1 Ubuntu 9.10 on vbox, more or less out of the box
Server 2 Ubuntu 9.04 LTS with apc and AMP as by the repositories (mysql 5.051, php 5.2.4, Apache 2.2.8

fa227 fresh install with a new German lang pack

Re: Cache issues

I'm not sure it is so called 'well known' apache+gettext issue, but at least it is well known to me smile. Really annoying bug as normally nobody but admin can restart www server. I have not found workaround to refresh gettext support without restart.
Janusz

You are saying it's just Apache that needs to be restarted? Then this is fine for the time being, restarting a production server as a whole is less fun.

You'll get German (finally) after Easter but I need to patch a few concepts in order to make it work . I will create an enhanced empty.po with remarks where the changes are. I will send both directly to you once I'm done.

Yes, this is no fun, but any complains should be sent probably to apache team, this issue is just not related to FA.
Thanks in advance for the translation.
Janusz

Is there no way but just restarting Apache to kill the cache of mo and po files?

How about changing the location of the po and mo files.