Topic: Auto-generation of reference numbers

I'm quite sure this has been discussed before.

Reference numbers for purchase orders, receipts, sales invoice etc can be auto-generated instead of being manually entry fields. Of course, supplier reference number needs to be a manual entry field.

Is auto-generation of reference numbers planned for development ? It would add some convenience, I believe.

Re: Auto-generation of reference numbers

Vramak, I do not understand?  All these things are automated...  You can still enter some manually of you want..

Check the help wiki. Maybe we still need to add some help items there?  Let me know I will see what I can do to help with it.

Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Ok... This is strange...

I tried entering purchase orders for Demo Company (ie. Demo Data). For Demo Company, the reference numbers are auto-generated.

But for the company I created, the reference numbers are NOT auto-generated. The reference number field has an initial value of blank.

Is there some option to enable/disable auto-generation of reference numbers? I looked into company setup and preferences but I couldn't find any such option. Have I missed something during company creation and setup?

Really strange.  I guess there is something wrong with sys_types table in your database?
Janusz