Topic: Item price cannot be changed on sales invoice

I'm using FrontAccounting now since januari 2010 and it has some really great advantages. However it has also some things which are holding up. I found another (for me) limitation which is that I cannot change the item price on the sales invoice.

I might understand that I cannot change the invoice after submitting, although some ledger packages do allow this. However when I processed the delivery (which is a virtual process for my services) then I create an invoice from the delivery and it will not allow me to change prices anymore. And this feels strange to me.

I thought I could use the SO for the items to be ordered and correct prices when invoicing. This seems not to be true or I cannot find it. Is there another way to change the price the last minute or how should I proceed on this?

Re: Item price cannot be changed on sales invoice

Well, the model of cooperation with customer implemented in FA assumes that the price is known and confirmed at the moment of ordering. If you sell services and you quote your customer on hourly basis you can entry maximal confirmed value during order receive, then if final work is shorter than maximum confirmed you can write off the rest of order during delivery note issue.  This is how the final price agreement is implemented, at least for now.

Janusz

Hi,

Thank you for this product. It has made our life easier.

I,ve made some customizations so far to meet our exact needs and it has been great.
The same issue remains unresolved for me too : we do not know all the time the final price when making the delivery, and if price changes i cannot change price on existing Delivery before invoicing it.

I know a thing or two about PHP...is there a way you could help me change this? (to be able to change the price on delivery)
Maybe help me with some code or something like that smile

Thank you very much
Suba Levente

Wiki-ed it.