Topic: Inventory Item Movement Transactions

The inventory item movement page does NOT show work order production transaction number for non-manufactured items (ie. raw material in the case of advanced manufacturing). Instead, only the work order transaction number is shown. For manufactured items though, the work order production transaction number is shown.

Tracking inventory transactions would be easier if work order production transactions are shown for both manufactured and non-manufactured items. At the moment it's quite hard to track which production the raw material was used for as only the work order number is shown.

Please let me know if the addition of this feature is possible. It would be a nice feature to have because the inventory item movement page is a very useful tool for tracking item utilization.

Re: Inventory Item Movement Transactions

I think it is impossible with current database structure, just because there is no direct relation between wo issue and wo production. The only linking transaction is work order, for which you can have  a couple of issues, and more than one production. We have implemented no item control which would be useful in this case.

Janusz

3 (edited by vramak 02/27/2010 02:05:26 pm)

itronics, I think you've misunderstood my post.

Let me try to convey my point in a different way.

(FYI, I am using advanced manufacturing process.)

The 'Inventory Item Movement' page shows the table 'stock_moves' filtered by 'stock_move.stock_id'. The 'Type' field rendered in the page is directly related to 'stock_moves.type', if I am correct.

I noticed that the 'stock_moves.type' and 'stock_moves.trans_no' fields refer to a work order in case of non-manufactured items but they refer to a work order production in case of manufactured items.

I think it should be possible to update these fields with the work order production number/work order issue number instead of work order number. I think a row is added in the stock_moves table whenever a production or issue is processed. At this time the production number or issue number needs to be entered instead of work order number.

Ofcourse, these fields should refer to the work order number in case of assembly manufacturing as there will be no productions involved.

Hope I've made my point clear and hope there's a possible solution. smile

Ok. You mean the records generated in stock_movements during product receive. Yes, product itself is stamped with wo production type/no while raw material used with wo type/no. We cannot stamp this with wo issue, as during production no work_order_issues record is generated, only stock is directly updated. But I think raw material inventory adjustment record could (and in fact should) be stamped with wo production type/no (what is produced and what is used can be guessed from the sign of adjustment). I'm not sure about any possible side effects of the change, it should be thoroughly checked.

Janusz

Hello, with the last overhaul of the missing voiding capability of Work Orders Advances (Manufactured), this has been fixed so the advanced productions is now holding all the stock moves from production.

These changes have been committed to CVS Main trunk.

There is also a description on FA Wiki about 'How does this work'. Look under 'Working with FA', Manufacturing, Work Order Entry.

/Joe

Wow! Thanks a ton! This will help a lot. smile

Hello, i want to know what is inventory movement type? and for which purpose it is use?