Topic: Voiding a Work Order Production

When voiding a work order production only the QoH of the finished product reverted. The QoH of the raw material is unaffected by the voiding.

Eg: I run production2 for 100 items and check inventory item movement. QoH of finished product increases by 100 and QoH of two raw materials decrease by 50 each.

Now I void production2 and check the inventory item movement. The QoH of finished item decreases by 100 to return to its original quantity but QoH of the two raw materials are unaffected and are NOT increased by 50 each.

Is there some logic behind voiding in this fashion or is this a bug ?

Re: Voiding a Work Order Production

This is right behaviour, at least for normal production flow ('Advanced Production' in FA). Voiding final products receival does not mean that also all material issues were entered mistakenly and should be returned to stock.

Janusz

Ok. How can I recover the raw material that went into the voided production ? The raw material inventory shows that 50 units were used for the voided production. How can I recover this material so that I can use it for another production ?

Also, I had not issued any material. The material that was consumed for the voided production was derived by the system from the BOM.

Right now in FA, voiding a production is like the equivalent of destroying the end product. I think it would be better if voiding a production will result in reversal of quantities of both raw material and end product. This way it would be easier to correct productions that were processed/closed by mistake.

There are 3 types of production implemented in FA, and seems you are right when we are talking about voiding Assemly or Deassembly type work order. Seems the voiding code in work_orders_db.inc was not finished by original author at this point. Strange that nobody pointed out this issue before.
Unfortunately we are currently busy so maybe the best would be add this issue to our Mantis system, just to have it queued for fixing. Could you place the bug report there? Thank you anyway smile.

Janusz

I have created a Mantis entry for this issue ( http://mantis.frontaccounting.com/view.php?id=208 ). Thanks itronics!

This has been fixed and CVS Main trunk is updated. There is also an attached file at Mantis.
Thank you for reporting this.

/Joe

No probs! smile

Thanks for the fix Joe!

There is a description on FA Wiki about 'Work Order, How does this work'. Look under 'Working with FA', Manufacturing, Work Order Entry.

/Joe